Sign in to follow this  
CouesWhitetail

You over 50? Got an opinion on how to recruit hunters?

October 19, 2009

GET PAID TO SHARE YOUR OPINIONS ON HUNTING IN ARIZONA

AND ARIZONA’S HUNTING HERITAGE

The Arizona Game and Fish Department* and Responsive Management in cooperation with the National Shooting Sports Foundation are conducting five discussion groups with experienced hunters over the age of 50 during the evenings of:

· Monday, December 7 at the AZGFD Mesa regional office

· Tuesday, December 8 at the AZGFD headquarters building on Carefree Highway

· Wednesday, December 9 at the AZGFD Pinetop regional office

· Thursday, December 10 at the AZGFD Tucson regional office

· Thursday, December 10 at the AZGFD Tucson regional office (afternoon session)

These discussion groups are part of a larger research study on the importance of experienced hunters helping to initiate new people into hunting.

· Responsive Management is looking for hunters over the age of 50 to participate in the discussion groups.

· Hunters are invited to share their years of experience and opinions on introducing others to hunting.

· Adult participants 50 years of age or older are needed in each group.

· Responsive Management is a nationally recognized research firm. No one will attempt to sell anything or ask for donations during the focus groups. Participants are paid $75 for giving their opinions in a 2-hour group discussion.

· If you are interested in participating, please call toll-free at 888-810-4460 (or long distance at 540-432-1888) and ask for Alison or Debi. A few questions will be asked to find out whether we can consider you for participation. If it is after business hours leave a message and someone will call you back. Participation is limited to 12 per group. If you are interested, please call as soon as possible as groups fill up quickly.

· If you are not able to attend or do not fit the criteria, you may give this letter to another person. Please note that we cannot schedule two people who know each other in the same focus group.

Thank you for your time and interest in participating in this study. If you have specific questions about the study, please call me at 623-236-7567.

Sincerely,

Denise Raum Alison Lanier

Hunter Recruitment and Retention Coordinator Research Associate

Arizona Game and Fish Department Responsive Management

*The Arizona Game and Fish Department* conserves, enhances, and restores Arizona's diverse wildlife resources and habitats through aggressive protection and management programs. Please visit their website at www.azgfd.gov.

Denise Raum

Hunter Recruitment and Retention Coordinator

Arizona Game and Fish Department

5000 W. Carefree Highway

Phoenix, AZ 85086

623-236-7567

I am just on the short side of 50 :blink: , but I always have an opinion :D

Sounds like a good thing. I would do it if I was of age, and I would gladly do it for free to help out!