The United States Military has been infiltrated by terrorists. It would seem appropriate to do a back ground check on all potential US military terrorists (Muslims) and discharge any that were questionable. Somehow, with the spineless Commander and Chief we have, I really doubt that would happen. He would rather risk the lives of our troops than risk hurting anyone's feelings. :angry:

Mark

Dang dude,

I think that you are coming from the heart, but what you suggest is inherently more dangerous and ultimately what the real terrorists (Al Qaeda et al.), have intended from the beginning.

A point to concede right away:

Any terrorist act (foreign or domestic) is reprehensible, and should be condemned directly, with the individuals responsible punished accordingly.

However,

Profiling a group because of their background is a bad idea - look at what the US did to natural born US citizens of Japanese decent after Pearl Harbor - Are you suggesting that we should round up all the Muslims and put them in concentration camps because they 'might' represent a risk to our national security? I argue that cuts through the heart of our democracy, and destroys what the United States really represents and what we were founded upon: freedom of speech, and the freedom to practice any religion you desire.

A quick look on Wikipedia will show that 75% of the terrorist attacks on US soil have been done by US citizens, and they were from the far left to the far right and everything in-between.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domestic_terr...e_United_States

I would argue that the gunman at Ft. Hood is less a symptom of the Military's infiltration by 'terrorists', and more likely the result a crazy lonely outsider whose symptoms of depression were either ignored or left unrecognized because of a systematic failure.

Any US soldier, and especially those facing redeployment should be examined and treated for any symptoms of mental instability (such as PTSD, or otherwise); the status quo is not functioning.

If I had reservations about fighting fellow Muslims, I would not joined the military....just sayin.

What I am suggesting is a background check, like I or anyone else has to have before, as a civilian, you can do work for the military. And the occasional re-checks that we get. That is security profiling. How can it be avoided? We may not be fighting a religious war, but our enemy is.

As far as the U.S internment camps of WWII, the U.S. did what was necessary at the time. At least the U.S. took care of the people in the internment camps, unlike the Japanese, who put Americans and other foreigners into concentration camps, where civilians were forced into slave labor, starved, tortured, and murdered.

We are always quick to condemn ourselves for the U. S. internment camps, but everyone seems to have forgotten how the Japanese and Germans "handled" it on their side.

Mark

It is sad that if you single out a muslim, you are racist, or biggoted.

If a muslim complains that someone is eating a pork hot dog at school, everyone goes berserk and the pork is no more.

I am not saying all muslims are terrists but take a look at a few notable terrorist acts against the US, this century. 9/11 Ft hood, USS Cole, there are a lot of terrorist acts carried out by muslims, in the world, not only in the US.

An abortion clinic violence, School shootings or gay bashing and other similar events have been escalated to levels called "terrorism", but muslims are the ones that are the suicide bombers and they are the ones that rarely ever come out against these actions.

Dang dude,

A quick look on Wikipedia will show that 75% of the terrorist attacks on US soil have been done by US citizens, and they were from the far left to the far right and everything in-between.

I think that your 75% stat is a little misleading for a body count. Maybe 300 dead by so called "American" terrorists, and almost 3000 dead, 10:1, for the Muslim terrorists. Your Wiki article also forgot to mention the terrorist attacks at Ruby Ridge and Waco.

Mark

I agree that there should be background checks on anyone who applies for federal employment.

I'm not arguing that the recent terror attacks were not the most significant in history. Although, if you factor in what the KKK did in the south since the Civil War, the numbers are likely flipped toward domestic.

It is totally crazy to say that it was 'necessary' to intern the Japanese, regardless of the treatment that the US showed them vs what the Japanese or Germans showed us...

If we profile people based on their religion, or scape-goat ethnic groups for societal problems, than we really are like Nazi Germany, and who is to say that it won't be the Southern Baptists, or Atheists in camps a hundred years from now??

There are good muslims in our military - guys and gals who believe in America and are willing to put their lives on the line for all of us. That said, this *particular* muslim had a history of making some pretty telling "Jihadist" statements in support of suicide bombers, etc.

I'm not for all-out profiling or excluding anyone who truly wants to defend our nation. In this case though, there were enough red flags that he should have been recognized as a threat.

Just my $.02

heck, we give em guns and train em but can't profile? loolooloolooloolooloolooloo. ya'll do know when they do that, that it is mocking form of laughter, don't ya? my coptic buddy from egypt told me that. ever read the koran? some of ya oughta try it. at least once on every page it talks about killing somebody for something. they teach and believe that anybody that isn't a muslim is the devil and has to be killed. i know guys that couldn't serve because of flat feet, but they went on to play pro football. why can't religion be a reason for exclusion? from what i've read this guy was a time bomb with a lit fuse and everbody knew it but nobody wanted to offend him because he was a muslim. patriotism had nothing to do with him being in the army. he wanted the benefits without the sacrifice. now we have over a dozen good people dead and a bunch more wounded because they were afraid he'd get offended. the muslim religion preaches every day that they want and need to kill everyone that isn't a muslim. when we gonna take em serious? Lark.

heck, we give em guns and train em but can't profile? loolooloolooloolooloolooloo. ya'll do know when they do that, that it is mocking form of laughter, don't ya? my coptic buddy from egypt told me that. ever read the koran? some of ya oughta try it. at least once on every page it talks about killing somebody for something. they teach and believe that anybody that isn't a muslim is the devil and has to be killed. i know guys that couldn't serve because of flat feet, but they went on to play pro football. why can't religion be a reason for exclusion? from what i've read this guy was a time bomb with a lit fuse and everbody knew it but nobody wanted to offend him because he was a muslim. patriotism had nothing to do with him being in the army. he wanted the benefits without the sacrifice. now we have over a dozen good people dead and a bunch more wounded because they were afraid he'd get offended. the muslim religion preaches every day that they want and need to kill everyone that isn't a muslim. when we gonna take em serious? Lark.

+1!!!!

No Liberal anit-profiling crap from me! The only way you can be a bigot in this country is if you are white.... it is okay for anyone else to have race related opinion or slur.... God forbid this country actually stop worrying about "hurting someones feelings"... I get my feelings hurt all the time! It builds character!

I say let God sort'um out! :angry:

I just heard on the news that Hasan "worshipped" at the same mosque as 2 of the 9-11 hijackers! There was even some Muzi bragging on camera about what a great thing had happened at Ft Hood?!?! Wasnt there ONE American with sack to beat that jag-off ON CAMERA?! Jail or not, I'd pounced on that jerk! Look at how energized Americans get by something as simple as that plumber who spoke the truth and questioned the status quo. Imagine what a good on-camera smack down would do!?!

Here's a vision for ya... how 'bout a few dozen or hundred well armed Americans bring their flag-waving excavating equipment and dozers and CRUSH the f-ing structure that houses these murderers and would-be murderers. They can leave or stay - I'm okay with either result.

Maybe that was what Todd Beamer meant when he said

"LET'S ROLL!!!"

bulldozer-israel--122694288603500400.jpg

Sooner or later we'll have to take the gloves off and show these a-holes how Americans roll!