Sign in to follow this  
luckysob

Jr. deer camp

FYI, the Arizona Chapter of SCI is hosting the Jr. Deer Camp next week for units 36A & 36B. We will be camped off the Batamote road off the Arivaca Hwy. This road is in 36A at the mile marker 16.5 as your west bound towards the town of Arivaca.

We provide a safe place to camp and we offer places on where to hunt. If we have enough help. we can send a glasser along with you and your Jr hunter.Its all about new and young hunters having a good experience and having a shot at being successful and learning about the hunt.

Will have lunch friday, saturday and sunday, so stop by and say hi, even if your out scouting or just out for a day hunt.If you had the early Jr hunt, bring a picture and we will get you hat or t-shirt.

I will check back here if you need more info, I dont know if I can put my cell phone number, still kind of new at posting.

See you all next week,or good luck whenever you hunt is !!

Bobby

Hey Bobby!! My brood and I will be there as always!! Erik doesn't have a tag this year (he has a pig tag..) so he'll be there to help around camp!! ;-) Bringing my little girl this year, so watch-out!! :blink:

Let me know if you need anything.

S.

:)

PS: Ken and I left you a starter pile of mesquite last weekend.... Hopefully it's still there! ;)

Stan,

How did you do last weekend

BB

Hey Bobby ,good to hear from you.I hope you can come out next weekend. When I see Jeff in camp, then I will believe he is there !!

Wish your wife would have connected on a deer last weekend, you know you get what you pay for in a guide !!!!

BB

Last weekend was fair.... No deer killed, but we saw plenty of each day. A few bucks, nothing too big though. Erik took a couple of shots at a decent fork on Saturday, but missed. We saw pigs every day also in several different spots. Two of the boys have tags for next weekend (in addition to the deer tags...) so that could be fun. ;)

See ya!

S.

:)

Hey Bobby, My step son has a tag for next weekend and we were going to try to come by the G&F camp. My question is will a motorhome be able to get to the camp site on Batamonte Road? Many thanks for putting on the camp for the upcomming hunters!

Patrick

capt88, Yes you can get a motorhome down the road.The camp is only a half mile off the Hwy. There is plenty of room for camping at that spot.

Look forward to meeting you next week.

Bobby