Sign in to follow this  
Red Rabbit

36ABC Cleanup

Units 36A, B& C.

BASE CAMP will be off of the ARIVACA ROAD (milepost 17.6)!

WHEN: December 5th and 6th, 2009, 8:00 AM start. Lunch will be at Base Camp from 11am-1pm. Please RSVP so we can provide enough food.

WHO: Hunters Who Care Volunteers and any other dedicated outdoorsman who want to clean up our desert.

WHAT: Our goal for this clean up is to pick up trash on 3 ranches in Game Management Units 36A, B & C: the Marley Ranch, the Rancho Seco, and the Sopori Ranch (off of Chavez Siding). However, we are not limited to those areas and volunteers can clean up wherever they like.

WHERE: The Hunters Who Care Camp will be off of the Batamote Road on the Marley Ranch. Mile post 17.6 off of the Arivaca Road.

N 31º43.655, W 111º09.588

DIRECTIONS: Take 1-19 South to Arivaca Junction (Amado) and exit west. Take the Arivaca Road to Mile Post 17.6 and go right (Northwest) 8 tenths of a mile to the Camp. Trash Bags and Dumpsters will be available at the campsite.

HOW: Volunteers are encouraged to look for trash anywhere they want. If anyone needs any additional accommodations, dumpsters or trailers in different areas, trash bags before the event, of if you are looking for a group to help please contact Mark Frieberg in advance.

FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT:

Officer Mark Frieberg 1-520-762-8172 or mfrieberg@azgfd.gov

Officer Gabriel Paz (AZGFD) 520-388-4443 or gpaz@azgfd.gov

(C&P from AZSJ)

Thanks for posting this Doug! I know that I'll try to get down there again!!

For those who have never participated, this is a volunteer opportunity that you really should take advantage of! It's a great time out in the desert during a great time of year!

The land truly needs help, and us hunters are the ones doing it! I know that there are several folks on here who hunt 36A,B,C. You'll also find that this is a great way to get to know the units better, and also to network and get to know the game wardens (WM's), ranchers, and locals.

I hope the turn-out is good for this!!

S.

:)

Thanks for posting this Doug! I know that I'll try to get down there again!!

For those who have never participated, this is a volunteer opportunity that you really should take advantage of! It's a great time out in the desert during a great time of year!

The land truly needs help, and us hunters are the ones doing it! I know that there are several folks on here who hunt 36A,B,C. You'll also find that this is a great way to get to know the units better, and also to network and get to know the game wardens (WM's), ranchers, and locals.

I hope the turn-out is good for this!!

S.

:)

+1