Sign in to follow this  
bonecollector

Muley Shed & Coues Rack

I finally found my first shed while I was helping out my uncle on his muley hunt. We didn't find this deer on the hoof, we actually only seen one little doe in the 3 days we were hunting. The shed is a 3pt. too bad the one point was broke off and it has double eye guards. I told him to stop hunting carp and put in for Coues! :lol:

post-3465-1258668394.jpg

The rancher we know found this coues rack the morning we arrived.

post-3465-1258668513.jpg

Has anybody ever seen Turkey in unit 32? I seen 4 of them but I couldn't get my camera out fast enough to snap a pic. Thought that was interesting I had never heard of turkey being in that unit.

they transplanted 50 goulds into unit 32 last spring. captured the birds from unit 35A (mostly birds on private property) and put them in the galuiros. I think they helicoptered them in but because it was a wilderness area, the crate that was attached to the helicopter by rope could not actually touch the ground so they had to have people on the ground disconnect it and then they released the birds.

nice coues rack. to bad the one side was busted off. thanks for sharing.

I saw four turkeys down by the San Pedro River in 32 and was wondering about that too.

The rancher we know his ranch is near the san pedro river and he said he's seen as many as 17 in his corral feeding at one time. Not sure how long they will last down there with all the varmints.

my family is from san manuel and my dad and uncle used to see turkey in the river bottom every couple years in the 70's and 80's and i've seen tracks. as far as up higher in the gali's, dont know. maybe in the winchesters or texas canyon?

ive seen plenty turkey and elk in this unit