I went out scouting on Saturday and only seen 3 doe . Alot of fresh track right on the snow line. I think we had deer out ahead of us but the terain was to steep we could not see them. I found some very large track in the area and have never seen mullies in that spot so I hope closer to the end of the season I can find the dear that made them. I watched the three does for about 15min and no bucks showed themselves. I know it is early but just puttin some feelers out to the Coueswhitetail peeps. thanks

Glasse bucks and does in 2 different area's this weekend, no sign of activity, bucks still a long way from does. I bet this weather will kick off a little action for the opener this weekend...here's to hopin anyway :)

Glasse bucks and does in 2 different area's this weekend, no sign of activity, bucks still a long way from does. I bet this weather will kick off a little action for the opener this weekend...here's to hopin anyway :)

+1

Watched a small 4x4 muley with 5 does yesterday for about 20 minutes. He wasn't pushing any of the does around like he was in the rut, but he didn't stray to far from them either. With this cold front pushing through this weekend I would guess we should have some activity in the next week or two

I think that the upper plateau will be seeing the rut around the week of Dec. 20th with the lower plateau kicking in gear mid to late January .... But that is just me

On Tuesday 12/1/09 well glassed up small bucks running with some ladies and they were beating up trees.

We did connect Friday 11/27/09 with an 85 buck but he was bedded down and we kind of stepped on him. I think after this very cold and crazy weather that we are having they will be on the move and may rut early this year. I big maybe

Gut feeling

good luck

While weather may affect daily activity of deer, I don’t think a cold front initiates the rut.

I’d say that’s more influenced by photoperiod and estrous cycles… which don’t drastically change from year to year.

Guest borderboy

I believe phototropism is what initiates the rut. But I think that weather affects behavior. I does me.

I believe phototropism is what initiates the rut. But I think that weather affects behavior. I does me.

me too!

I have the first 11 days of the hunt off and then 3 more days at the end of the season. I have unit 31 so if you see some activity please drop a line and I will try to do the same to help out my peeps.

thanks. I am driving a 03 dark gray chevy 4x4 with a couple of dents and some awsome AZ pinstripes on it.

I was out yesterday and didn't see any rut activity. Saw lots of does and fawns but no bucks were with them. We did see two smaller three point bucks hanging out together. I wish it would kick in before the end of the year.

was out yesterday archery hunting glassed up a 4x and a 2x muley with some does they didnt seem interested but the bucks were the4x was mounting the 2x and they were fighting pretty neat.

they didnt seem interested but the bucks were. The 4x was mounting the 2x.

That kind of activity is common in and around Tucson.

:blink: