Sign in to follow this  
huntwithme2

javelina sightings

with all you people hunting deer has anybody seen any javelina in the carrizozo, socorro or eleghant butte area

i hunted deer near corona and didn't see anything all five days. it seemed that i was the only person hunting on foot. you can see hunters driving slowly down roads all day long. reminded me of deer hunting back in wisconsin

Not in those areas. But I was hunting deer around pinos altos and found a bunch there

You might want to look farther south. There could be some towards the south end of the Butte, maybe check with some of the farmers around Hatch. I have seen some out past Hillsboro.

Good luck,

--Bill

thanks for the info my tag is for state wide acept the south western corner. would there be more of them in the carlsbad are or are they just scatered acept for the southwestern area. hillsboro is right near the the border of my area. thanks again

Well I have that same hunt. Not sure where exactly we are going yet, but we are going to go scouting and I will keep you posted. Message me if you are interested