Sign in to follow this  
Coach

Idiot looking for fame

It's not really clear where this topic goes, but I found it interesting, funny and a little sad, to say the least. I'm not sure what Amanda's take is on linking to other sites so, I'll not include a direct link in this post.

If you google "230389970226" you'll see that this topic is all over the internet. The story is kind of funny in a really pathetic sort of way.

Some clown from California claimed to be hunting two HUGE mule deer in an area not known for trophy-sized bucks. According to his postings, he couldn't decide which huge buck he's been scouting to shoot, so, duh, he shoots both. Apparently this is OK in California. So in a matter of less than 1 hour, and within 150 yards, he takes the #1 typical AND #1 non-typical California state record mule deer bucks with a bow.

When asked to post some field photos, he goes on to say that he would like to post them, but editors from some popular magazines have asked him not to. It starts to turn funny when you find out that this butt-hat actually bought both racks off of Ebay from an antler collector in CO. and then entered them into the record books as his own harvests.

So this guy gets caught red-handed passing off bought antlers as legitmate harvests AND trying to take credit to gain money from magazine atricles and prodcut endorsements. If you do the google search, you'll see that every possible forum from softball, to wanna-be snipers, to hockey jocks are talking about this guy.

It's funny to some degree, but there is definately a dark side to it. Just how wrapped up are we in the quest to take a magnificent trophy, that someone would go out on such an incredible limb to make up some half-baked, easily debunked strory like this? I've heard many stories of people losing their wounded deer or elk to other hunters, and frankly, I can't imagine the depths of self-loathing it would take to steal another man's trophy out from under them or to take credit for a harvest one did not earn for themselves.

Enjoy the googling that is sure to come. If you would like a direct link to the story as it unfolded on another site, PM me and I'll get it to you. I just don't think it's right to link from Amamda's site to another without her permission. Like I said, it's entertaining, frustrating, and sad all at once.

Jason.

Just how wrapped up are we in the quest to take a magnificent trophy, that someone would go out on such an incredible limb to make up some half-baked, easily debunked strory like this?

$$$$$ He probably though he could resell the "CA State Record" racks for a profit. I would not be surprised if it has been sucessfully done before in the past.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention AZonecam, The story is sickening to say the least, a great thread for what NOT to do. Problem is that stories like this guys hit the mainstream media(News and Papers) and give hunters in general a bad rep to the Gen. public, especially in CA! Sad and sick.

DesertBull, I wish you to down a giant next year, so you can hate every inch of it. :lol: :P .

You are like the Uncle Tom of hunters.

The story is about some idiot, not the 99% of hunters who are sportsman and appreciate what the scoreing systems have done for Biology, History, and the Conservation of our beloved hunted game species. Also real penalties on poachers who get their bone Illegally.Also a "Trophy Buck" usually being the highlight in a hunters collection rackwise, but not allways the favorite hunt. I for one can Appreciate Big racks.

The man in the story will get what's coming to him, in man's courtroom, or god's, and by the public wich he is allready. ;)

Most of us will almost kill ourselves financially and physically and Time wise in our endless quest for bone, Legally and morally correct.

There is just a couple hunters out of the bunch who are not true Sportsmans though. I pitty them, and the image they give the publiuc when the retards get caught doing something retarded is No Bueno for $&!*.

Guest AZ>NMcouesaddict

Once I read that article, I knew that guys face looked familiar. I believe its the same fella that showed up in the July/August edition of Muley Crazy with two totally different bucks, a non-typical and typical, both whopper bucks as well. Not the same bucks in the above posted article that I read. Seems as though both bucks were also taken with OTC tags in California. Anyone else see the two different articles? <_<

DesertBull, I wish you to down a giant next year, so you can hate every inch of it. :lol: :P .

You are like the Uncle Tom of hunters.

I guarantee, I will love every inch of it, but I won't score it. Score boards are for football.

Good luck, I hope you "win".

If I'm uncle Tom, who does that make you......Richard Simmons?

simmons.jpg

:lol: :lol: , glad to see you do have a sense of humor and good spirit ;) . Happy holidays DB :D Just ribbin ya..

Win, win what? The Lotto? Well tell me the numbers!!! I'll split it with ya ;)

This kinda crap is exactly why I cancelled my magazine subscriptions & seldom watch hunting vids anymore... Everything is guides, outfitters & tapemeasures. Rich men & wanna-be tv starts sitting there smiling over animals they bought, rather than hunted for. At least everyone now knows what a jackass this guy is. Don't see many endorsments in his futuer...