Pigman

Can somebody explain to me .......

Allen, it sounds like your taking the right approach, i really think it is bad luck. I went 5 years with nothing, my wife went several years not getting anything, my friend got his 2nd choice elk this year after 7 years with no tags, put my son Cole in for early whitetail hunts and cow elks hunts he should have been drawn for and he blanked. I personally do not belive in the bonus points system, it should be a preference point set up it would be much fairer...Sorry for no tags been there many times, just go on as many hunts as you can and enjoy this awesome state, you're time will come...BH

Thats pretty much what I do, hope my "lottery number" is drawn for a family member and if not, I go to hunt tagless for unit 1 bow elk, Kaibab nov, and Mexico january and just keep on learning. Luckily this year I have a good colorado muley tag that will let me have a chance with a tag in my pocket. Best of luck to everyone on the hunts they have this year..................AT.......

As a side note... I heard that Garth Carter drew an early rilfle 10 Bull tag and a 13b deer tag..not trying to start any rumors..don't know if it's true or not......but that would be some strong luck if true, would'nt it??

I think the bonus point "draw" is done on a hunt by hunt basis... For example, say there are 100 permits for a given hunt, so that means 20 of those permits go to the applicants with the most bonus points... This is done for the first choice only, So say there are 5 applicants with 15 bonus points, then 3 with 14 bonus points, then 12 with 13. See where I'm going with this? Then once all the hunts have had the 20% bonus point quota filled then its a lottery... I don't think bonus points come into play again... I could be incorrect though...