Sign in to follow this  
muledeerarea33?

mulies

just got drawn for a mule deer hunt in 33 in nov. I have been archery for whitetail and rifle and have been somewhat succesfull but I have never seen any mule deer can anyone help me with this one?

I personally would get out there now and scout morning/evening. With velvet on now, you should get a better look at what is around now, they hate bumping their velvet horns.........I know there are a few good bucks in 33 but you need to locate them now........Allen......

I would look on the south end by I-10 and Mescal and such. The herd on the North end near Oracle Hwy has been on a steady decline since I was 14 or so and now I feel older than dirt.

Bret M.

We saw a nice big 4X4 mulie two different times during last years Nov. coues hunt over there in those large rolling hills between pepersauce and San Manuel.

A couple years back I ran into several mulies on the south side of Redington road around mile marker 11 during the october coues hunt. There was one nice 4x4, a small spike, and several does. Hope this helps.

JDH

Try Davis Mesa. I don't know what the access situation is now but it used to be a good spot for big bucks.

Also check out the long "fingers" coming off the back side of the Rincons above the San Pedro. If the situation hasn't changed too much you should be able to a few places where you can glass up mule deer from the main road at first light.

Bill Quimby