Sign in to follow this  
azcouesandelk

.280 Remington Load Data?

Hey guys and gals I am wanting to start working up a good load for my .280 and was wondering if anybody could help me out. I am looking to use 160 grain Nosler Accubonds with either IMR-4350 or Alliant Reloader 22 and was curious if anybody could help me out with the max loads and starting points for these. Also if anybody has worked up loads for there .280 what worked for them. Thanks guys and gals.

AZcoues here is a link to the Nosler Reloading Data .... Great caliber my Bro loves his but I have not worked up any loads for him..... but this is always the best way to start .... Good luck

http://www.nosler.com/index.php?p=15&b=7mm&s=255

And for IMR and Hodgdon data here is a link

http://data.hodgdon.com/cartridge_load.asp

I have a couple of 280's and you can't go wrong with the Nosler reload data. They offer a "most accurate" powder choice for every bullet they have in the book and I normally just use the recommended powder, just lazy I guess. Good Luck, Shayne

Not sure if this is of any help towards your goal but someone here at work just published a brand new 49th edition of the Lyman Handloading Manual on our bulletin board. Retails for &27.00 & asking $10.00. I'm not sure if that is a bargain or not. Just thought I would mention it. Good luck with your information and I'm sure someone here on cwt will be able to help you. Later! :)

TJ

I have good results using Hornady sst 154grn bullet in my ruger 77 using IMR 4895 44.5 grn load/ Remingto 700BDL same but IMR 4895 45.3 grn. both guns group 12-3/4" at 200yds. be sure to check the round ,make sure you COL will work,the Hornady COL for this is 3.280 which works perfect in the remimgton, but the ruger I set the COL at 3.268. Hope this helps if I'm not mistaken the same load data will work for the 160's but check your manual to be sure also have used 4350,4198 and RL-17 the 4895 and RL-17 and 4198 all shot small group at 100-200yds I have been working with the RL-17 with good results each gun likes something its just up to us to find that sweet load but the 4895 4350 works for most hunting loads, best of luck happy shotting. great CAL