bobbyo

Agony of Defeat

My GOD!! HUNLEE has made it to this site... :lol:

Who in the world is Hunlee. I don't get it.

Bob

Hunlee shooter of warp speed bow and killer of many deer. Hunlee famous on internet, hunlee hide trew identity, so no one reely no whu hunlee is.

Seriously, I blew it on that deer twin 2 weeks ago myself. Little blood on the arrow, and no blood on the ground. Looked for days. No trace. I think i hit him in the dead zone a bit high. I feel the pain.

So, are you gonna tell the story or do we have to keep guessing?

Well I thought the pictures told it all. I choked.

Let me give some background. My friend hunted this scrape line/trail a week before I did. He got a glimpse of this buck and told me he saw a drop tine buck that may go 90. He didn't have a picture of it on his trail camera to show me. He also said he saw two other mature bucks in the area that he did have pictures of. They were nice, so I decided to hunt the afternoon at this spot. Since it was a quicky, I only brought my lawn chair. No blind, No tree stand. I set up 45 yards from the scrape behind a blown down stump. Right at sunset I see a doe. Following close behind is Mr. Droptine. Once I got a good look at his rack I completely lost it. Buck fever to the max. Arms and legs were shaking uncontrollably. I kept whispering "he is only 90, he is only 90,"trying to calm my nerves. Making it worse he hangs up for a time, two steps from my shooting lane. (seemed like 10 minutes, but probably only 2). He enters my shooting lane perfectly broadside. Right in front of the camera. Somehow I get the bow drawn with my shaky arms and go through my routine. Anchor point, bubble, pick spot, release, follow through. I think I used my 40 pin to account for elevation. Arrow sails a few inches over his back. He gives me a disgusted look and walks slowly away. THe second picture is me checking for non-existent blood, I'm not crying ;). A few days later my "good buddy" sends me an email entitled "The Agony of Defeat" with these two pictures. He thinks this is funny! Actually it could of been a really awful event. I am really thankful I missed completely and did not wound him. Thanks for letting me share.

Bob

Hunting just wouldn't be hunting without a few failures mixed in. :) Glad you were able to connect on a different one & looking forward to the story.

you guys are wondering why he missed that shot? I know why he missed ! He shots a mathews and I have seen him shoot ??

Once I got a good look at his rack I completely lost it. Buck fever to the max. Arms and legs were shaking uncontrollably. I kept whispering "he is only 90, he is only 90,"trying to calm my nerves.

Nothin beats that! I have told 2 people who were shootin at big stuff this year "they arent that big just squeeze slow" while i am shakin im so excited. I wish I had some pics of some of my misses. Congrats on the other buck by the way.

Sorry Bobby..... about the miss... Super Glad you got one... enough with the bad... we want to see the Good!! :P