Sign in to follow this  
Jeremyks

Eberlestock Halftrack??

Im looking for a bigger day pack to carry day needs plus a tripod, 80mm swaro scope and 15x56 swaro binos. I will also be carrying a bow and sometimes a gun with this pack. So I guess I kind of looking for a larger day pack. The Eberlestock Halftrack caught my eye but I have never seen one in person. Anybody use one of these or seen it in person?

I like the looks of Eberlestock's rip cord and bow bucket system and if I ever needed to carry a rifle I would probably use this system or a rifle scabbard.

Any thoughts on this pack?

Tactical Model

http://www.eberlestock.com/Halftrack%20Backpack.htm

Hunting Model

http://www.eberlestock.com/F3H%20Halftrack%20Backpack.htm

Thanks

Jeremy Gugelmeyer

The hunting model is real similar in size and design to the Tred Barta Stalker pack they used to make. Really great pack. Comfortable and can pack a good amount of gear in it. Eberlestock makes one of the best packs out there IMO. Might want to try and find one somewhere that you can try on first to make sure it fits your back well. Good luck with your purchase.

I have the Barta Stalker pack and as Coues79 mentioned they are almost Identical. The size of this pack is perfect as a day pack or for short trips as it is. The webbing allows for additions or strapping on additional gear if needed. And it is one of the most comfortable fitting packs I have tried. The pack was easily adjusted to fit my short torso as well.

I dont think you would go wrong with the Halftrack.

Jeremy,

I have the Halftrack but I feel for what you are looking for the Eberlestock J34. It will be a better hunting pack. Is what is great about this pack is it has a built in scabbard that I use for my tripod when I am not carrying a gun, which is most of the time. I use this pack and it is great.

Once you use a scabbard you will never go back to a pack without one. The J34 is also a packing machine with the built in metal frame. It will take care of all your needs you talked about.

The Blue Widow is a great pack, just a little larger than the J34 but it doesn't have a scabbard. With the J34 you will have lots of room when completely expanded. You can also add a "Super Spike duffel" on to the pack with zippers on if you need more room.

One sad note, Eberlestock's warehouse burnt down 2 weeks ago and lost half their stock, including all the J34's. So finding one at this time is going to be tough.

Contact me if you need more information or if you would like to talk about all options. Hope this helps.

Eric

I have the Just One and the Slingshot. Both great packs, but the Slingshot ended up being much smaller than I anticipated. Hard to get enough gear in there for a full day, and the top part of the pack that comes off had to go, it was very restrictive to movement. Wish I had gone with the X1 or X2.