Sign in to follow this  
cramerhunts

Where to go.

A buddy of mine that I work with is wanting to buy a new left-hand bow here in the valley. We work in Peoria and I would like to know where to send him to get him set up. I shoot a bow-tech liberty vft and he really likes my set up and would like to get something similar. Any suggestions? Does Sportsmens Warehouse still set up bows or are did they downsize their archery section?

I just dropped mine off on Thursday to get it ready for elk season. I have used them since they opened here and have had good luck. A gentleman named Darrel in the archery department(I-17 and Yorkshire) seems to be pretty knowledgeable and friendly. Ask for Clint if you go to the one in Goodyear. David

what is his price range? is he looking for something new or used? I am also lefthanded and it can be pain trying to get stuff. If your in Goodyear area one of the closet pro shops to you is Trailhead Outdoors (35th and Thomas). I would be careful taking things to Sportsmans Warehouse. Some of the guys behind the counter have no idea what they are doing.

I was at sportsmans, and some kid was trying to sell me a Ar-34 stating is was made by bowtech......

If I were him then I would consider looking at the Ultramag from Hoyt. It can come as a combo and the price for the combo is $649.99 from trailhead outdoors. The Ultramag has a cast riser and is identical looking to the tec risers. It comes standard with the xt 2000 limbs, alpha shox and Hoyt's cam and a half.

My wife shoots one and set at fiftyeight pounds with a 26 inch draw length shooting 27 inch CX200's with an 85 grain tip. her arrow speeds are around 276 fps. For a lower priced bow I dont think it gets much better than that.

He ended up buying a new hoyt from corner archery, he went way over his budget but is really happy with the bow and the service from the store. Thanks for your help guys.