Sign in to follow this  
bowhntr9

Anyone having luck?

Well, hunting seasons over and fishings coming in. Want to get an early start this year if any lakes are hittin'. I would like to make a trip this weekend. Anybody have luck anywhere yet?

Most of the lakes are slow right now due to the turbidity, dirty water, if you don't know what turbidity means. Some fish are being caught out of Saguaro Lake trolling deep dive crank baits in the chartreuse color. With all the nutrition coming into Rosy, due to the rains, the spawn should be great this year for crappie and bass. I think this will be th best year in a long time. Get your fishing poles ready. :)

TJ

I talked to my dad last night about his trip to Roosevelt yesterday. They didn't kill it as far as numbers go, but out of the 7 bass they caught all were slot or bigger and the fish were FAT. Big fish of the day went to my cousin who caught a 4 pound smallmouth!!!! I'll post that pic as soon as I get it.

Thats great to hear you are catching some fat fish.

I don't have a boat, but as soon as I hear the bass and crappie are coming into the shallows at Roosevelt, I want to head up there. I have done well in the past walking the banks, just gotta keep an eye out for the dang snakes when the weather is nice :blink: