Sign in to follow this  
cmc

36A, B & C RANCH CLEAN UP

36A, B & C RANCH CLEAN UP

WHEN: March 20th and 21st, 2010, 8:00 AM start. Lunch will be at Camp from 11am-1pm. Please RSVP so we can provide enough food.

WHO: Hunters Who Care Volunteers and any other dedicated outdoorsman who want to clean up our desert. This event is put on in partnership with the Arizona Game and Fish Department, Pima County Parks and Recreation, the Arizona Chapter of the Safari Club International, and most importantly, the volunteers who care about cleaning up desert and wildlife habitat that has been impacted by immigration issues.

WHAT: Our goal for this clean up is to pick up trash on ranches in Game Management Units 36A & C including the Kings Anvil Ranch, Elkhorn and Santa Margarita Ranches. However, we are not limited to those areas and volunteers can clean up wherever they would like.

WHERE: The Hunters Who Care Camp will be at the Veterans Park just south of Three points. Take Ajo Way west from Tucson to Three Points. Turn South on Hwy 286 and go 1 mile to the Veterans Park on the east side of the Hwy. Trash Bags and Dumpsters will be available at the campsite.

HOW: Volunteers are encouraged to look for trash anywhere they want. If anyone would like to report locations of litter concentrations due to immigration in 36A, B or C, please contact us. If anyone needs any additional accommodations, dumpsters or trailers in different areas, trash bags before the event, please contact Mark Frieberg in advance.

FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT:

Officer Mark Frieberg at 520-762-8172 or mfrieberg@azgfd.gov

Officer Jackie Kell at 520-628-5376 or JKell@azgfd.gov

I am going to be out there in 36a, I have noticed quite a bit of trash in certain areas where I hunt. How many others are going out?

I am also thinking about 36A cleanup. I hunt 36A quite a bit including varmint calling, javelina, and even an occasional deer. The areas that are the worst are the canyons south of Green Valley and the mines. It looks like a garbage dump, I mean we are talking ever ending truck loads. What areas in 36A are you thinking about? Anyone else let me know and I will also try to recruit some buddies to help

George

I'm going to try my best to get there this weekend!!! Busy baseball & school fair for part of Saturday, but I'm going to try!

It's been said so many times; For those who have not been to one of these ranch clean-ups, they are a GREAT way to make a real posative impact on deer habitat, while at the same time meeting some great folks! As many people as possible are needed to help!!

S.

:)

Wasn't able to make it this weekend, but went to the last one and it was a real eye opener. Meet a lot of great people down there. For all that made it this weekend, thanks!