Sign in to follow this  
TAM

2010 Census

So I just got my 2010 US Census in the mail and after reading it I think I want to puke!!! Seems like a lot of personal questions regarding race, relationship, birthdays, home ownership/rent status, and they even ask for my telephone number. Now I know that there is a lot of good that potentially can come from the census, but much of what they're asking for seems to cross the line. I don't feel like it's any of their business! Does it really matter what my race is or if I own my home verses rent it? And why should I give them my phone number?

I'm not so sure I would have a problem with these questions if I knew they were going to be used for the good of the people, but somehow with the current circus we have going on in the White House I feel like this information will be used for political corruption and bueracracy.

After doing some google searches there seems to be quite a bit of controversy on this topic and several ways of dealing with it without crossing any lines and running the risk of fines or imprisionment. I for one like the two ideas listed in the links below.

What are your thoughts or any other LEGAL ideas?

This first link deals with using your fifth ammendment rights to answer questions.

http://video.yahoo.com/watch/7165934/18661556

This link suggests with regards to the race question checking the "Other" box and writing in AMERICAN.

http://michellemalkin.com/2010/03/09/my-race-is-american/

I simply filled out age, sex, relationship and since I have a young family the fact that they all lived at the residence to which the census was mialed. I did not fill out names, race and/or ethnicity. Again mine has already been mailed back. I did not site the 5th Amendment.....wish I had!

I felt the same way as I read through the document, looked like alot of snoopin around going on. I was upset when my wife who is so efficient :huh: had already filled it out and shipped it off cause I wanted to read a little more of the fine print and see what I "legally" had to fill out.

Well, they know all about me and my family oh, wait, I pay taxes, work and am a legal citizen, they already have all that information because that is on my tax form.

The only people they don't already know about is the people who are here illegally and aren't going to fill out the form in the first place.

I did look it up in the dictionary and it reads, "the act of counting the people and evaluating their property for taxation" again, all of that information is on my tax forms, they know I need a babysitter, they know I spend $500.00 a year for educational purposes which by the way is a joke as well, wish I only spent $500.00 a year on educational purposes.........oh boy I could go on and on about this one....................like my insurance company wants to know how many wrecks I have been in......dang they know exactly what my record is.........ahhhhhggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

This is a good one off that site you posted Tam......

By Teddy Roosevelt

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism.

When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans.

Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all… The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic…

There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

Wonder if any of those questions violate any civil rights?

Big brother government is alway watching us, and I certainly feel the information we provide is used for more than just demographical purposes.

What does it matter if you are white,black,Hispanic, asian, etc,etc, if you are a legal american that is all that matters really.

The only people that are pure blooded americans are the native indians.

I have not received my census yet? But I need to look it over.