Sign in to follow this  
joeybari

when is it going to be MY turn

my dad was drawn 19 years in a row. We put in together and he has not seen an elk tag since.....17 years now. He is a little discouraged at the system.

:rolleyes: :lol: That is funny Jeremy...remind me not to put in with you :)

+1

it really depends on what hunt you are putting in for i put in for. i have got lucky and have drew 2 early archery bull tags and a early rifle bull with the rest being late season tags. During the late season hunts i have had just as good success and have killed better bulls. This year i drew 1 out of 40 for a late hunt. in my opinion forget waiting 10 plus years for a tag play the odds i am 21 years old and i have killed 5 6 points and better ranging anwhere from 260-340

I had 13 points when I drew my early archery hunt. I had only put in for early archery hunts in those years. From my experience the average should be around 7-8 years for an early archery tag. I only know 3 people who have drawn early rifle hunts. None of them have drawn it more than once. Another 5 years or so and I'll be lookin for that elk tag to come around. After 10 and 11 points it gets old fast. I will also have 14 pts going into next years antelope draw.

Joey, if NM dowsn't come through for you, send me a PM and I'll share some info with you for CO.

Joey, if NM dowsn't come through for you, send me a PM and I'll share some info with you for CO.

thanks bro will do

it took me 7 years to get my tag... now im not sure if i even know how to hunt an elk.. never had a chance till now... . took my bow in yesturday to have service... early so im not sol... was told how lucky i was to draw a tag... told him only took 7 years.... that changed the look on his face... if you want to get a tag every year u could... sure its not durring premium conditions but u could get a tag... work ur butt off and u may get lucky....