Sign in to follow this  
corkin it

Yeah Baby!! 27

Found out this morning I scored a unit 27 Coues tag!!! :D Second hunt. Hunted it years ago before the draw. Havnt been successful in drawing since. The area I hunted back in the day is supposadly closed off by a rancher. I hunt the very south eastern end of the range. Anybody have any insight into accsses in the unit now? How about illigal activity in the area? Want to take the family down scouting and camping but dont want to run into illigals etc. Thanks, jake

Congratulations Jake, that's great.

--Bill

If you will PM me with your hunt area, I will try to give you some information about access and illegals. Basically, you may encounter illegals just about anywhere south of Hwy 9. I even cut the tracks of three who came through last night while doing my morning hike today. This was just across Hwy 338 east of my house, about 1 1/4 miles north of Hwy 9. The badder guys tend to stay in the higher elevations except where they cross Hwy 9 or Hwy 80.

Ben

You drew a great tag.I hunted it 7 or 8 years ago and had a great hunt with no problems.

Had the hunt a few years ago and had a blast except for when some let out the air in two of my tires :angry:. I only seen a few illegals and they were never a problem, lots of Boarder Patrol which made us feel a little better when leaving camp.