Sign in to follow this  

why didn't they kill this one?

so why didn't they kill this one? sun lakes is a lot farther from bear country than thatcher. it was a male, therefore they shoulda killed it, right? i'm confused. i thought if it was a male they "had" to kill it? we need some consistency here. kill em all if they have testicles, ain't that the rule? well, i'm glad this one didn't get the death penalty for wandering around. Lark.

http://www.azcentral.com/community/chandle...e-abrk0609.html

It was there for the early bird special. I lived 1 block away from the tree they found one in 6 years ago. They relocated that one too. There isnt any rhyme or reason to which ones get the thumbs up or thumbs down.

Only difference I can make out is that this bear was only 2 years old and the one in Thatcher was estimated to be over 4. In that article .270 posted G & F stated something about bears over 4 were considered adults and adult male bears in these situations are killed. I don't agree with it but I think may have something to do with the different treatment. What do you say we start forging some ID's for some of these adult male bears that say they are 2 year old juveniles? :lol: