crazyaboutcoues

Sportsmens meeting to discuss Antelope draw

Anyone that can make this meeting needs to attend!!!

Disappointed With the

Big Game Draw?

-------------------------------

In Particular, the Antelope Draw?

If so, please come listen to a presentation by Jim Bates and Ray Trejo explaining why you may not have been drawn for an antelope hunt.

We promise this will be an eye-opener!!

Date: Tuesday June 29, 2010

Time: 7:00 PM

1100 S. Nickel St

Hosted by fellow sportsmen concerned with increasing our draw odds.

Wish I could make it. I am pretty new to New Mexico so I would love to hear someone explain to me the thought process behind some of the draw numbers

The venue has been changed to La Fonda restaurant instead of Deming High School.

Date: Tuesday June 29, 2010

Time: 7:00 PM

1100 S. Nickel St

CRAP!! I will be in Deming tomorrow but I have to come back to coach my daughters' softball teams last game!!

Is there a petition we can sign in support of this? AG

Absolutely, there is a petition you can sign. The Wildlife Federation is going to have them available. We can also send them via e-mail. I do take much of this personally, we are just trying to educate sportsman and at the same time rally support on making change. I do take take all this unequity of NR vs Resident tag distribution pesonal. I was raised hunting and fishing by my grandparents and parents. It was a tradition for us. A tradition, I feel is worth fighting for. What I am fighting for is the right to change regulation and or legislation in an effort to give more opportinity for youth, new sportsman and sprtswomenwomen to draw their fair share of hunting tags. I am an educator in this state and have a vested intrest in doing my due dilegence to keep youth involved and off the street. A judge once said " I never had to lockup a kid who had a hunting or fishing license in their pocket". I hope many you feel the same way.

Scotty, on Ibex and Sheep, I hear ya, but sportsman just need to be educated on the data they will do the work. We need to start with the game commisioners. Many of them great folks, they just need to hear our stories. The Game and Fish will be in Silver City on the Tues July 8th. Thanks, gonhntn