Sign in to follow this  
ArcheryHunter

Anyone tried the Luepold Vendetta bow mounted range finder?

I saw ths bow mounted rangefinder and couldn't believe it. Talk about cool. Im sure some will think that it is going to far. I will admit it I need help with judging distances more than the average bear. I have been scouring the web and cannot find ANY customer NON BIAST reviews any where.

Another thing, I cannot figure out exactly what they mean about the visible laser and how the sight alignment is made. Anyone out there seen these babies in action? Heard anything solid? Thanks.

I was out at Usery couple weekends ago and a guy our there was using one. He really liked it and compared it to a handheld range finder and it gave him the exact same distances. He made a little modification to it trimming down the base which it mounted to. I want to say he said the way it works is you use your 20 or 30yd pin to use the laser. Once it reads the distance you can hold the button and move with say a deer walking until it stops. It will give you the distance and then you just have to put the corresponding pin. It looked neat and pretty effective.

i was wondering how you accurately ranged with that. cause how do you not your not ranging over the deers back, or below it etc..

Good questions and thought fellas! I went to Cabelas today with the wife "she timed me" :angry: , anyways they have one rigged up on a bow. It was really nice! There is an actual laser that hits the target. Just like a lasermax type. The minimum yardage is 7 and the maximum is 70. It gives you a digital readout of the yardage and just use the correct pin. There is another method to lining up with a pin so if you want to turn the laser off. Some feel it would spoke the deer. I am not sure that they would understand what it was until razor sharp steel was blasting through em!

I gotta get one of those things! I am in the process of selling some other toys to get this new toy. I am gonna try and get it with time to spare so I can train for this August archery hunt.

Send me an email to FamilyJoyoftheLord@hotmail.com I would like to know more and what area you are in.

I am going to buy one this friday aug 30th :P . I found Bass Pro Shops to be a great help. They didn't have any in stock so TJ at the archery shop called around to dif stores and got one sent from a store in Luisianna and it will be here in two days! BAss pro shops has always been very helpful to me. TJ always goes the extra mile!

I can't find any reviews on the web that include range testing and real world examples because it is so new. IMO Leupold dropped the ball in that dept because this product is so revolutionary and a breakthrough in the norm that they average bowhunter is going to be cautious. Thats the reason I will do a review and even get some video on my August archery hunt. I post IMO opionion soon.

I played with one at the SHOT show and I was less than dazzled, so far, Leupold has yet to make a Laser range finder worth carrying. The one at the SHOW could have been pre-production but I sure had a tough time making it work. Their regular rangefinders are JUNK!!!

I played with one at the SHOT show and I was less than dazzled, so far, Leupold has yet to make a Laser range finder worth carrying. The one at the SHOW could have been pre-production but I sure had a tough time making it work. Their regular rangefinders are JUNK!!!

funny i felt the same way about leupold but i have to say the new rx RFinders are realy nice and spot on a good friend has the rx 750 and i was supprised

and i hate any leupold stuff after 1996

One of the hunters had one (Leupolds top of the line rangefinder) last year during the Sept elk hunts and we played with it. It was a total POS. The guy that brought it even thought so. Way too gimmicky. Wouldn't range very far and too big for archery hunting I thought. I couldn't figure out how to aim the Vendetta thing. It didn't have a reticle or box in it. I had no idea what I was ranging!

Aug or July 30th? :blink:

OOPS I meant this friday July 30th. I am focused on my Aug archery huntt so i have aug on the brain.

So they didn't have a rep there explaining it? Thats not cool. Here is an instructional video on installing the rangefinder and sighting it in. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoxQCxZeWfQ

The 2nd part is here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMGlVCT6EF8

Ok I bought one. IMO Luepold needs to take this back to the drawing board. I am certainly taking mine back for a handheld rangefinder. There is two major issues with it. 1st the adjustments are way to hard. I watched the guy at the pro shop sight it in and it took him 90 min. It has a laser for you to checj and see if it got bumped off before your hunt. The problem is that the laser is SO weak that you cant see it unless it is PERFECT conditions. So it was sighted in the pro shop range at 20 yards and it was tightended down good. After shooting it a few times it was off and you can't tell how to adjust it because of the weak laser.

You would want to check it before each hunt but cant because of the crapy laser on this 300 dollar rangfinder. Also the cheap rascals didn't even included tape for the activator button.

In short If Luepold fixes the weak laser and difficult adjustment this will be great but as of now its a hassel. Oh and Luepold why did you release it so soon before archery season? Not enough time for hunters to be confident with this new toy.

Oh I forgot you cant see the digit readout if the sun is behind you. :lol:

I think Im gonna exchange it for the nikon 550.