Sign in to follow this  
codyhuntsaz

Arch Kiabab Tag

This is the first year that i have put in for this tag. I drew it as my 2nd choice. I havent hunted up there in about 12 years. Has anyone had this tag in the last few years, how was it? I remember that there were always a lot of road hunters and BIG bucks. Im sure that there are still a lot of road hunters just not so sure about the big bucks.

Theres no shortage of big bucks up there. I have been archery hunting it since 2005, unfortunately I didn't draw the tag, this year! Congrats thats a great tag! If you want a big boy you gotta pass up the young bucks, lots of them up there!

I drew the tag this year too!!!!!!!!!! My wife and dad also drew it with me. It was also my second choice with the archery Strip being #1. I told myself 3 years ago when they turned it into a draw, that I would wait for the 3rd year. I figuered with the decrease in hunters it would allow more bucks to put some age on. Talking with friends that have hunted it the last few years, I really didn't need to wait for the 3rd year. They have done exceptionally well. I was a bit hesitant this year though, with the full moon being on the 20th. I put in anyway and drew it. I will be hunting the first few days going home then going back up the following weekend and hunting for 9 days before having to drive around the ditch to get ready for the archery elk hunts. May stay a few extra days if I haven't filled my tag. I am extremely excited and cannot wait for this hunt!!!!!!!!!!!! The last time I hunted it was when they moved the dates to run concurrent with the archery elk hunts. I have lost sleep searching the net for pictures of velvety Kaibab bucks. MAN I CAN"T WAIT!!!!!!!!!>>> Manny

Was up there last week poking around for a few days........wish I had put in for it this year, as I saw a few giants including a typical that will be pushing the 200" mark.

What does he score? how wide is he? Details... He looks HUGE

Actually, it's just a good photograph. ;) He was a little over 31" wide and grossed 197" and some change and officially netted 191 2/8" B&C. Just a beautiful typical 5x5 (including G1's-eyeguards).