Sign in to follow this  
Condor

An attempt at digiscoping

Looks pretty good! It's really tough with digiscoping to get a good focus. I find it works well for me if I push the camera button down 1/2 way (so the cam does its focus) and then look at the image in the LED screen on the cam and then focus the image using focus knob on the optics. Is that what you did?

Ovwer the last few months I have found that digiscoping is more of an art. You pic look better that the ones I've been taking. I ve used is my cameras timer I set it so I press the button 1/2way it will fucus the all the way but it waits 2 secs untill it takes the pic. It seens like I can't push thebutton with out shaking it. I

Ill will try the focus knob while the camera is doing its auto thing next time I'm out.

ya i did that 1/2 down thing with the shutter button and that helps and I tried putting it in macro mode but I think with the equipment I have this is about as good as it gets. I am using an 8.2mp fujifilm camera that was 99 bucks and a vortex nomad spotter

I use the adaptor the Cabelas makes for spotting scopes. It really seems to be steady, the timer helps alot as well. If you can focus your spotter the best you can, then press 1/2 way on the camera you should have nice pictures. This is what works for me at least. Heres a few pics from my setup.post-2457-1280889824_thumb.jpg

post-2457-1280889903_thumb.jpg

post-2457-1280890005_thumb.jpg

post-2457-1280890137_thumb.jpg

post-2457-1280890231_thumb.jpg

post-2457-1280890300_thumb.jpg