Sign in to follow this  
CruiseforCoues

Vandalism in 24b

This past saturday my wife and I went for a ride around Rogers Traugh and noticed that game and fish had put up two Brand new what looked to be 5,000 gallon storage tanks and had posted a sign saying it was for water to improve game in the area. So i got off to check for any sign as well as to check the water level in the tanks, well much to my suprise they had been shot up and no water. This is a sad thing I hope who ever did has the worst luck.

Gosh it seems like we have an abundance of a$$holes around.....You can hardly escape them even being in the middle of nowhere you find them.

It always amazes me when you are 4 or 5 miles from any road out in the middle of no where in real rough terrain that motorized vehicles can't go through and you find beer cans and bottles. What the heck I thought people that wanted to drink just stayed at or in the jeep to drink. I don't see the need to hike your butt off to go in the middle of no where to drink beer. I don't understand some people in this world.I have never left even a candy wrapper out walking let alone a bottle of water or a freakin beer can. We need to start taking finger prints off these bottles and cans amd giving these vandals some hefty fines and maybe that will make them think twice before leaving their trash out there.

It always amazes me when you are 4 or 5 miles from any road out in the middle of no where in real rough terrain that motorized vehicles can't go through and you find beer cans and bottles. What the heck I thought people that wanted to drink just stayed at or in the jeep to drink. I don't see the need to hike your butt off to go in the middle of no where to drink beer. I don't understand some people in this world.I have never left even a candy wrapper out walking let alone a bottle of water or a freakin beer can. We need to start taking finger prints off these bottles and cans amd giving these vandals some hefty fines and maybe that will make them think twice before leaving their trash out there.

not sure if any one does this here but how the heck does anyone drink beer on 4 to 5 mile out in the middle of no mans land. Its crazzy but just like you i see it all the time and in the most remote places i have to admit i like see the old school cans for god knows when. i did find a can from the 30s near a old mine.

I'll tell you exactly how, I have watched cowboys ( and I use that term loosely) with insulated saddlebags and they are stocked full of beer. I once followed a trail on San Carlos that went deep into nowhere. There were stacks of empty beer cans at every gate. The last gate I came to was over 5 miles from the nearest access! I guess some guys like their beer in the woods!

One time I was hiking into Reevis ranch from the Apache lake side trailhead. I got about 2 miles up the trail and the guy in front of me pulls out a huge water bong and lights up! Somehow his bong rolled off a bluff- not that I had anything to do with it ;) I don't think he could have fit anything else in his pack that sucker was so big!

Another time I was hiking out of Fossul Springs when I passed these 4 guys packing in a huge ice chest full of BOTTLED beer! It never ends I guess!

I think the judges need to sentence these jokers that shoot stuff up and little the woods to a hundred hours of forest cleanup or a couple of tons of litter cleanup. That would make them think twice about doing it again.

And every one wonders why more and more land get shut down so we cant use it any more. Thanks to jerks like that.