Sign in to follow this  
skeeter

OTC Elk tags

Hey guys, I drew the big fat goose egg this year & was considering buying one of these OTC elk tags. Anyone have any experience with the verde valley one? how about the winslow/ holbrook one? Any info appreciated, freezers looking pretty empty,lol >>>--->Jed

Jed, I have been out numerous times in the verde valley unit. no luck yet. i know there must be some around, but it is the hardest hunting just about ever. there are very few of them, but I will be out looking this next week and have my fingers crossed. I think several guys have had some luck up around winslow, but I have never been up there.

Also, the hunt is only open for another week and a half, then not open again till december i think.

Lance Crowther (of sponsor Timberland Outfitters) really knows those Winslow/Holbrook

He posted a ton of stories about OTC elk last year. I went out with him for about a day and a half last year, I didn't get one, but I think with another day in there I sure would have.

I would contact him for info:

http://www.tlohunting.com/

Those tags were really good the first couple of years but not so good anymore. Better tag for locals that can keep tabs on them and jump on it when they are there.