Sign in to follow this  
BIGBUGPETE

Trigger stick or Bogpod?

Hey guys I want a good reliable tripod for deer hunting. I want it to be able to go from me sitting down to me standing up and being able to shoot long ranges. What tripod is best?

Thanks,

Dennis

check out the gun claw!!! best rifle rest ever cause you can pull your binos off your tripod and click the gun right on

I liked the idea of being able to just pull a trigger and have all three legs instantly adjust to the correct height, but I am 6 3 and the trigger stick was a little too short. I really like the bogpod with the switcheroo head for the spotting scope.

I'm not a big fan of the trigger stick... They have alot of issues with the manufacturing, mine had a hard time extending its legs and I returned it the next day to sportsmans ! Go with the bogpod!!!

Here's a few reviews of the trigger stick for Cabelas.com

________________________________________________________________________________

"I read 3 pages of reviews before writing this. I guess I must be the lucky guy that got the one that doesn't work. One leg works, the other doesn't. I'll call Cabela's and see how they handle it."

Would you recommend this product to a friend? No

________________________________________________________________________________

"Overall the idea/concept is very innovative. The product is light, well constructed (e.g., Aluminum). The major issue of this product is that with very limited use or with use in cold weather that product does not work properly. The item experience several critical failures - the device fails to deploy (e.g., extend) or support the weight of the weapon that is is supposed to steady.

Overall a critical failure with respect to the intent of the instrument.

The good news is Cabelas provides excellent customer service and was very good with the return.

I would not recommend this device"

"I Loved the Idea of these sticks, Nice to be able to quickly adjust how high your sticks are. The problem is they don't work well. The first set I got one leg would not drop on its own when the trigger pulled. Sent them back and got some new ones. they worked good for a while. Then they got so that one leg did not drop either. Also started not holding the weight of my gun without dropping. This was worse when cold. Like I say I love the idea but they need to find a better way to make them work. I sent mine back Will not be getting another. Cabela's was great in taking care of my problem with these sticks."

Bought the 20 - 30" Trigger Stick about ten days ago. Great idea and worked perfect in the store. Next morning got it out of my truck to play around with. It was around 45 degrees outside. It would not extend by itself when pulling the trigger. In fact it takes quite a pull manually to extend the upper portion when cold.

Called Primos, left message, no return call yet."

"Great idea, but poor manufacturing. Unless you're hunting with a BB gun the trigger stick slide down under the weight of a real gun. Wouldn't recommend it to anyone."

That Gun Claw is just what I need. Thanks guys. Does anybody know what head he was using in that demo?