Sign in to follow this  
TAM

CWT Big Bull Contest!!!

Okay everyone with elk tags... Here it is!!! Listed below are the official rules and information regarding the CWT big bull contest. We hope that everyone with elk tags will participate. Please note that there are two picture catagories that will be open to all cow elk hunters as well. We want to make sure that everyone with an elk tag has an opportunity to enter.

I can't put enough emphasis on the fact that we need more CASH and PRIZES to be donated!!! Donations aren't required but someone has got to pay for this stuff so please pony up whatever you can afford to help make this contest as fun and rewarding as possible!!!

I will personally kick in a Benjamin Franklin to help with prizes, postage, etc. Who else will join me with a donation large or small???

Feel free to email me if you have any questions. I will be out chasing bulls with my bow for the next couple weeks so please be patient if I don't respond right away!

Good luck to everyone!!!

- Tim

Elk Contest 2010-2011

CouesWhitetail.com will be sponsoring a Bull Elk Contest for the first time! We know a lot of you have elk tags this year and you can win some great prizes in this contest.

We are currently accepting donations for additional prizes. This can be hunting equipment, books, or money to help pay for shipping the prizes to winners. If you have something you would like to donate, please email Amanda (amanda@coueswhitetail.com).

Eligibility: This contest is open to registered members of CouesWhitetail.com and their immediate families living in the same home (i.e.- husband, wife, son, daughter, sister, brother). If your family members who are not living with you in the same home, or your hunting buddies, are not forum members, please have them register for the forums and then also sign up for the contest. You must be a registered forum member before your hunt starts in order to enter your elk in the contest. Elk must be taken legally between August 1, 2010 and January 12, 2011 from any of the Western States. If you have multiple tags, i.e. from different states, you may enter the elk from each hunt. Guided hunts and elk taken on Indian Reservations are allowed in this contest (if we get enough prizes and entries, we may separate these out into their own category later).

Contest Categories:

Youth (ages 10-17) - largest bull elk

Youth (ages 10-17) - smallest bull elk

Archery Typical- Highest P&Y gross Typical frame bull elk

Archery Non-typical- Highest P&Y gross Non-typical bull elk

Rifle/Muzzleloader - Typical - highest gross B&C Typical frame bull elk

Rifle/Muzzleloader- Non-typical - highest gross B&C Non-typical bull elk

Best Field Photo of Harvested Elk (aka "Hero/Trophy" Photo) - Based on composition

& quality of photograph, not antler size.This post may help with the taking of your photo:

http://forums.coueswhitetail.com/forums/in...?showtopic=3754

Best Spirit-of-the-Hunt Photograph- Captures the spirit and moment of the hunt. These

may include photos of packing, hiking, glassing, camp, scenery with hunters, etc.

(Field photos of harvested elk excluded). This category means you can possibly win something even if you do not harvest an elk.

(Note: An elk may be entered in only one scoring category, ie. not in both typical and non-typical)

Entry Fees & Prize Donations. There is no fee required to enter the contest. You may wish to donate a piece of hunting equipment to the prize packages. Prize donations are not required, but are appreciated. You may also send a financial donation to help with shipping or purchasing of the prizes. To donate monetarily, please send the money through PayPal on the CWT.com home page and note it is for the contest. You may contact Tim Maddock (aka TAM) or Amanda regarding your donation. Prize packages, and the number of places, will depend upon the number of prizes donated.

To enter your elk:

1. Post your picture and hunt story in the CouesWhitetail.com forum. If you have difficulty posting a picture, this thread may help, or asking another member will certainly get it done. http://www.coueswhitetail.com/forums/index...?showtopic=3721

2. Then, E-mail Tim Maddock (aka TAM) the field photo of you and your elk, its gross B&C/P&Y score, and a link to the story you posted. Amanda and Tim will post pictures on the home page and in this contest thread.

If you do not post a story, photo, and email the info to Tim Maddock, you will not be entered in the contest. If you just wish to share your hunt but not enter the contest, then do not send Tim your link, photo and score.

The contest will close Jan 12, 2011. Entry photos with info/story must be posted in the forums and received by Tim Maddock by January 19, 2011.

How to Score your elk

If you can, please have an official measurer score your elk. You can find official measurers on the Boone and Crockett or Pope and Young websites. If you can't get an official measurer, please use the following links to help you measure it correctly.

Please click on the following link to see a list of prizes and information on how to score your elk:

CouesWhitetail.com Bull Elk Contest 2010-2011

Thanks for heading this up TAM!

If you have questions about the contest, please post it in the Elk Contest thread in the Contest and Giveaway subforum. See link below. That way all the comments/questions are in the same thread...

I am going to lock this thread here so please go to the following link if you have questions:

http://forums.coueswhitetail.com/forums/in...c=20753&hl=

Good luck to all you lucky elk hunters!