Sign in to follow this  
oz31p

pse bow maddness xs

I dabbled with archery tackle last january with a older overdraw bow that was given to me. For a week I used a borrowed 08 dimond stud. Well I jumped in head first today. I tryed about every bow in my price range and was set on a hoyt turbohawk, untill I shot the pse bow maddness xs. About a dozen arrow and I had the gentleman at the shop set it up with a new ripcord rest and new carbon arrows it should be close to ibo as the arrows are around 360 with a 100g tip. I'm pumped but he wanted to keep it overnight so tune it up so ill have to wait to shot it untill tommorrow.

Congratulations and welcome to the ranks. What is your draw length? Dont get too hung up on how close you can get to IBO, you will find that the heavier your arrows are the quieter you will be at the shot. I have also found that heavier arrows tend to group better than lighter ones. I think you will have alot of fun figuring out all of that cool stuff by yourself and seeing what works and what doesnt. Hopefully you will be posting up some pics in Dec of a nice deer.

My draw is 27 1/2. The archery deer pics won't cone till january as I have an early cwt tag. I can't wait to get off work to pick it up but it looks like ill be getting off early today

at 70lbs with a 375g arrow its shooting 287fps. i shot enough to sight in the first pin to 30y. it shot a few 3in groups, then i put it away as its hot out at 4pm. i think im hearing a small noise but only sometimes i think. i need a second set of ears. it may be in my head. way smooth absolutely no hand shock.

I picked up a spot hogg real deal and a new doinker stab. So much better than the old truglow I was shoting. I coudnt fill my early cwt tag so I ll have dust off my 2010 archer deer tag from last jan starting dec 10th.

Hi,

I shoot a pse madness and heard a sound right of the bat. Drove me nuts untill I found it. Check the tiny set screws that are on the string dampener. It's the one's that adjust the length of the dampener itself. Tighten them up and you might get rid of the noise. It did for me.

Bren

I was shooting right next to a block wall. I think it was just the rest coming down but echoing from a few feet away. I can't wait to chase some deer around the desert.