Sign in to follow this  
BASS

Private Property Check

Do any of you guys have a map that show if there is infact private property along Anderson Draw/Anderson Tank? I hunted the draw last year, and put a camera up there over the summer and there didn't seem to be any houses, or signs saying so. So I told a buddy where to go and he came back saying there were now three houses there, and the gate to the draw was locked up with pivate property signs. ;) I hiked all over there and never saw any houses, or signs, just Elk. So, do any of you have maps that show this, or know if it is private property? How about a number to call to get permission?

Many Thanks,

Kenny

Maybe he went to the wrong spot, if I was you I would check it out first and then if there are houses you can get addresses to request permission to hunt or you may see somebody and just ask.

I'm not sure how he could have went to the wrong spot. ;) I gave him a 3D map from EarthGoogle, GPS coodinates for the right road to turn on to, and waypoints every 150 yards. I'm going up Wednesday afternoon in hopes of solving this problem.... I hope. :) If not... does anyone know of another honey hole in 5B? JK

I am new to this site and I thought I would post on this topic. I am born and raised here in AZ and I have hunted 5BN quite a bit for about 20 yrs. If your buddy was in the area I am thinking of then yes there are some old homes (shacks) on private property back in that area. The one I am thinking of is a strip of private land running east-west below Anderson Mesa and it is probably a mile or so long and about 1/4 mile wide. The property is private, and there are some water tanks on it. I just went around it and up into the canyons along the side of Anderson Mesa. To the east of there and closer to Yellowjacket there is another old piece of property with some green shacks on it. I'm trying to draw a reference and see if we are talking about the same property. I have never seen them occupied over the years though. Neat area though. I've seen bear, elk, mule deer, (1 coues) along that same area. Lots of old Native American homesites along that part of the mesa also.

Cheers,

Eddie

First off, Welcome to the best hunting site on the net!

Now let's get down to business. The only houses that I know of are way down in the flats toward the twin arrow two guns hunt area. I wasn't aware of any homes near the draw. I guess it wouldn't be the first time I missed a house. I have been scouting 6A for over three months, and just noticed a house last weekend. ;) The house (almost a ranch) is farther out in the open scrub brush type of country, not so much the pines, I would guess about 10-15 miles from I-40. Is the private property north, or south of the draw? If I remember right the draw also runs East to West.

I may have my wires crossed here, but the area I'm talking about is about a mile northwest of Anderson Canyon, and a few miles west of fr126. The only road I am aware of that goes to the upper Anderson Canyon is on top of the mesa, and I have never seen any homes there, but then again I spent 99% of my time between the mesa and I-40. I probably haven't helped a lot, but I can say that I never found any locked gates out there, or any occupied dwellings other than the ranch out in the flats east of 126, or closer to Winona. There are a bunch of roads back there, and only one that I'm aware of that goes back on top aside from 125. I thought that road went up to Anderson spring. I have hiked it but never drove it. It's nearly impossible to drive on. No locked gates or dwellings there.

You have helped out a lot, thanks! I think we are talking about the same place, but I'll have to go check and see who locked that gate. ;)

Alright he is saying that the road directly North, (across from Yager Tank) that leads to the bottom of the draw has a gate there (I know there is a gate there) but he says that now it's locked, and has signs up. ;) Does anyone know how far this goes? Is there another way into the draw besides this road?

I'm very curious now to hear about these new homes. You can try hiking in from the bottom, just n/w of the junction of 125/126. I might be able to help with a few other spots if that doesn't work out. I can try this pm thing.

I'm very curious now to hear about these new homes.  You can try hiking in from the bottom, just n/w of the junction of 125/126.  I might be able to help with a few other spots if that doesn't work out.  I can try this pm thing.

If I remember right there is a road that goes up the North side just about half way. If I can find that road again, I should be able to get these guys an elk (or three :D ) They all have cow tags, so I'm hoping for an easier hunt. I'm going to try and sneak away tomorrow morning to get up there to find out what is closed and what isn't before they get there Thursday. I'll be in the redish orange Silverado with the USO sticker on the back window, if any of you see it, and have time, stop by and chew some fat. B)

I was just up there a couple of weeks ago for my archery bull hunt. Since last year the forest service has closed a lot of the roads in there. The road you are talking about that goes into the (Green Ranch house) private property is the 233A road . The ranch house is abandoned and the forest service or the rancher closed off the road when it forks to the left. The private property is accessible to go up into yellow jacket canyon. You used to be able to go in on the 232 road and it would connect into the 233a but like I said earlier they closed alot of roads down. Hope this helps you out.. Brian