CumminsRig

Vortex 10x50 razor?

I was just wondering if anyone has the 10x50 razors and how they like them. I just ordered some from Doug and I have not looked through the razors before. Just hope I did not make a mistake. I have looked through a lot of the other vortex lineups and have been pleased with them. I would think they should be good but just want to here from someone that has them or has looked through them. To see their thoughts on them. I did a search on here but could not find any thing on them. Thanks in advance for any replies.

I just pulled the trigger on the 12x50 Razors and they are awsome buddy... I was out this weekend and was amazed at how clear they are Best buy for the money.... I have Glassed with Swar's and my Vortex Razors are just as clear...

Going to be hard pressed to find a pair with the luck of your Pentax. My guess is those corn fed midwest deer will be easy to spot through 10's. Cheers!

I just ordered and recieved the 10X50 razors. They are great! But I did have to send them back to Vortex because the sharp focus was not there at long distances.

Glad to say I sent them in last week and just got them back yesterday, and they had replaced the whole unit with a new pair, they said on the invoice that the first pair had a bad DIOPTER,,,,,, which I had no idea what that was so I googled it and found this:

Definitions:

Diopter (d): A term used to identify the refractive (light bending) capacity of a lens. In magnifiers, there is a direct correlation between focal length and diopter. To find the diopter of a magnification lens, follow these steps. With the eyes 10" above the lens, move the object to be viewed to the point the greatest distance below the lens where it remains in sharp focus. Measure this distance and divide into 1 meter (39.37"). The result is the diopter of the lens - e.g., if the object is at a 13" distance then it is a 3-diopter lens (39.37/13 = 3d). Each diopter increases the size of the viewed object by 1/4 (25%) when the object is at its full focal length from the lens.

Field of View: The distance across the lens surface to which the viewer brings both his eyes (note: eyes should be 10" above the lens). It is important to note that as magnification increases, meaning the lenses used are stronger, viewing areas and focal length decrease.

Magnification: The degree to which the viewed object is enlarged. Magnification is usually expressed by a number followed by an "x", the symbol used to express power or the size of the object in relationship to its actual size.

I do have to give Vortex credit on thier customer service, it was the fastest turn around ever,,, 1 week is fast!!! Kinda sucks that I got a bad pair though. We plan on taking the new ones out this weekend to field test them again!

I also have the 15 kiabads and love them!!!