Sign in to follow this  
2 Full Curls

Cow Skull Cleaning

I have another taxidermy question...

A friend of mine just butchered a steer on his family ranch. He wants to save and clean the skull, however he doesn't know the best way to do it. He's not sure if he should try to boil it, and if so.. will boiling it ruin the teeth? The skull is large and would be difficult to boil. He also has heard that you can use beetles to clean a skull.?

If you have any suggestions or recommendations they would much appreciated. Thanks guys!

I HAVE A FRIEND IN PAYSON WHO DOES AN AWESOME JOB ON SKULLS. hE SAID HE CAN DO IT FOR ABOUT $75.00 AND WHEN HE IS DONE IT LOOKS AWESOME AND IS READY FOR HANGING. LET ME KNOW AND I CAN GET YOU HIS NUMBER.

Amanda and "antlers".. thank you for the info. I appreciate it

"antlers" Payson is a long way for my friend so I gave him Cole's information at CMC, however if he changes his mind I will let you know and get a phone number from you.

Stick it in the ground for about 2 weeks--preferably close to an ant hill--pull it out of the ground and dust it off. If there are any spots that have anything left on it i would be surprised. Just make sure you have it in a place the yotes and critters won't run off with it.