Sign in to follow this  
Big Browns

General Spring Bear

I've hunted a few times in the spring, but no luck so far. For those of you master Bear hunters. What are your thought's on Spring Bear hunting? What method would you feel more confident in finding a Bear, Glassing or Calling? Thanks,

Adam Young

I'm no bear expert or guru, but when the temps get into the 90's, bears need water daily. Glassing and/or calling around water sources that you have found tracks at would be a good bet. They won't stray too far from that water, especially if it is the only source close by.

They won't stray too far from that water, especially if it is the only source close by.

Sitting water that you have scouted out to have bear activity is a great bet to hedge...if you have the patience. I tried it and became bored out of my mind and started hitting the call again, my favorite mode of bear hunting.

I love to sit water. I got my first bear tag this year and sat water and killed a record book bear with my bow. It may take awhile for a good bear to come in but once it does its 20-30 yard shot, a dead bear if you keep your nerves under control. I plan on siiting water again because i drew the same tag again. 35a