Sign in to follow this  
Hunt7112

Hunter's buck

My son drew the youth tag we were primarily hunting for whitetail, and had glassed up 7 different bucks with the nicest being a nice 3pt but missing his left side completely. We watched these bucks until they bedded and came in above them, found the 2pt that was in the group and set up for a 324 yd shot with gusting winds, figured the angle and adjusted the yardage but shot just to the side of him. So we decided to hunt some mulies hoping for maybe a closer shot with the windy conditions. We glassed up a small 2pt and a spike, and no shot in the brush. We found a 2x3 at 11:15 laying on a hillside so we set up his 270wsm dialed in the yardage to 260 yds as I watched through the binos I asked him if he was on him, Hunter said yep I said take him. His first shot actually split his heart in half, but the buck jumped up and looked as if he was going over the hill, so I told him to put another one in him, and he did the buck dropped on the spot. If I knew exactly where the first shot hit I wouldn't have had him shoot again but everything happend so fast. This is Hunter's second buck last year he shot a spike. There is nothing more fun than watching your son shoot a buck. post-1757-1290461227_thumb.jpg

Awsome, congrats on a nice buck.