Knifeboy

Arizona 34B Luck

Well I am brand new to this site although I have done quite a bit of reading on here in the past. I just decided to sign in and start sharing the good times that I had this past hunt. Down in 34B. I will try to post some pics of this years critter for you all to enjoy. I guess I will let you guys guess what he grosses before I tell ya all. The first pic is a field photo of where he lay the second is of my bro-in-law holing his head and cape up so you can get a better idea of tine and beam lenght.

Enjoy

dscf0518~0.jpg

dscf0532~0.jpg

Thats a Dandy buck! Congrats! I hope u can do it again next year! He is a real beauty.....

Guest Ernesto C

Knifeboy,welcome to the this awesome site and to the CWT.com family.Really nice buck,congratulations.Nice rifle too,what brand and caliber? it has a 26 inch barrel?

Thanks and God bless you more.

Ernesto C

Whatch the wind

knifeboy, welcome to the site.

Pretty nice deer! We really have seen a bunch of nice bucks this year and yours is no exception.

Thanks guys,

The gun is a 300RUM withe a 26' barrel. Its quite a bit of overkill for the little Coues deer. But I used it because my .270 just got back from the repair shop and I didnt have a chance to sight it in. Oh well all is well and I got my buck.

Any guesses on the Score?

Knifeboy

Very nice buck. Welcome to the site i am pretty new to it aswell and so far i am having a blast these are a bunch of great guys and Gals. Well what is his score? I'd say 80-85ish. But i am a fisherman to by heart so i always aim big :angry:. Congrats on a beautiful harvest.

Guest Ernesto C

85 to 90 But dont believe me...............I am the best hunter but not the best scorer :angry:

Ernesto C

Aim for the vitals

I would say over 85 for sure. Way to go on the buck. That is my home country there. This is my first year to not draw a tag in that unit in the last 12 years. I dre the other side of the san pedro in 30B.

Tough to tell the spread but 90" looks about right.

Knifeboy,

Great job! That deer will score 91".

I like the field photo. I especially like the way your body is placed in front of the deer instead of way behind the deer in an effort to make the deer look bigger than he is. You did this because you wanted the photo of the deer where he dropped, and it wasn't practical to get behind him on that slope. Most guys would have drug the deer out to get the photo-illusion effect.

Your deer still looks big in the photo - because he is a mature Coues Deer buck.

Congratulations, and thanks for sharing.

Mike

Guest Bert

Nice Buck Knifeboy.I'm also new here.Great site.34B,I drew that hunt in December.You didn't kill my buck did you? :angry: Hope you guys save one for me

Bert