Jimmer Negamanee

May you still be around to hunt at 86 yrs old.

When my grandpa was too old to really get out and hunt he planted a food plot across the creek from his back porch. He would sit in his recliner and watch TV and the food plot. He would have his rifle next to the sliding glass door and when a deer would walk into he food plot he would get up and shoot off his porch. The last deer he took he ended up driving his front loading tractor across the creek, rolled the deer into its shovel and hauled to the barn to be dressed out. He was 84 or 85 at the time. I hope I'm as determined as him when I'm that old.

It's scary to think that fellow is just 11 years older than I.

Bill Quimby

Mr. Quimby,

Two points to consider:

1. If you add up all the hunting you’ve done ( species hunted, location hunted, hours spent in the field, etc. ), I would bet that you’ve hunted more than 100 average hunters who lived to be 100 years old.

2. That place in Greer probably has a porch just perfect for a recliner. ;)

Either way, you win.

Looking forward to the pictures of your spring gobbler.

-Jimmer

It's scary to think that fellow is just 11 years older than I.

Bill Quimby

Mr. Quimby, Two points to consider: 1. If you add up all the hunting you’ve done ( species hunted, location hunted, hours spent in the field, etc. ), I would bet that you’ve hunted more than 100 average hunters who lived to be 100 years old. 2. That place in Greer probably has a porch just perfect for a recliner. ;) Either way, you win. Looking forward to the pictures of your spring gobbler.-Jimmer

Jimmer:

Yes, our cabin has a back porch from which we see game regularly. Even if I wanted to shoot one of them, I couldn't because there are other cabins nearby. We like to watch elk, deer and bear, though, and it gives us a special thrill to see them on our property.

However, I do know of a spot ten minutes away for sitting in a recliner when the time comes that I need it. I may do exactly that if I ever draw a unit one elk tag again. :D

Bill Quimby

My Dad live to a good old age and always believed in hard work and had a great love for fishin, huntin and the good ole out doors, he kilt many a fine animal in his days. Last year He drew a Unit 3A-3C deer tag, and a U1 Turkey tag. Unfortuanatly he did'nt get the chance to hunt either hunt, he fell out of a boat while fishing a lake in the white mountains and had a heart attack, 1 week before the turkey hunt, today would have been his birthday, he would have been 99