coueskrazy

leica vs swarovski

I say "yes" and I have both. I like Swarovski 15s better then the Leica because of the tripod mounting system, and I like the Leica range finders and spotting scopes better for their size and performance. Swarovski has better customer service but I hear that Leica is working on that.

I have the Swarovski 15 + Great glass, great mounting system, fit my eyes great - heavy

and Leica Geovid 10 +great glass, convenient bino/range all in -price, button on wrong side for r handed archer, only 5yr warranty

Leica tele 62 +great glass, compact, light weight -its older and the eye piece disconnects (have to send it in they will

fix it)

Leica CRF1600 +AWESOME -Price

Leica LRF1200 Sold it but it was a great design for its time.

If and when my 10's die I will probably buy the swar 10el because Im trying to go with lighter optics.

Just sayin.

When it comes to optical quality and clarity they are both awesome. However, there are no two pairs of eyes alike. I see the best through the Swaro ELs. The Leicas of equal value are just a hair less bright to me but I know plenty of other guys that beg to differ and many guys like me who beg to differ against the Leicas. The bottom line is you should be looking at both and not just once. Look a couple of times in a day. One when the sun is at its highest and another time in low light. Then think about it and do the same thing once or twice more. You may be suprised how much comparing them multiple times will help you see the difference.

On that note, I love my 10x42 ELs but I would rather have the Leicas due to reliablity. I have had mine fog internally and know several guides up here who have had that happen to them as well and wont use them for that reason. Most of the guides up here use Leica even though many of those love the EL glass.

On range finders, There are things I love about my Swaro and more things I hate. I prefer the Leica lasers many times more. They are smaller, lighter, easy to use, and give excellent readings even in bright light on dull targets. My swar is very finicky and bulky but does range much further.

Hope that helps!

M

As to guides using one another, when I was in Africa every single PH at our camp had Leica's. All had the Geovid with the internal range finder.

I agree that no two pairs of eyes are alike. I see a big difference between the two (in binos), with Leica being brighter and much higher in resolution. This is the reason I asked the question. It seemed to me that more people own Swaros than Leica and was curious as to why. Costs? Advertising? I am going to purchase new glass for next year and wanted to make sure I wasn't 'missing' something.

coueskrazy,

You have it figured out! The best brand is the one that looks best to YOU, feels the best in YOUR hands and against YOUR face, and that YOU are proud to own.

As long as you go with one of the "Big Three" you won't go wrong.

When you decide to make your purchase, be sure to check with the Outdoorsmans. They are sponsors of this site and they are all hunters and shooters.

Good luck!