Sign in to follow this  
cooper

Getem close

I'm trying to decide what call to go with this next elk archery season. Does anyone have a particular call they like to use? I'm just tired of trying calls that scare everything away.

+1 on the diaphram calls. Get them now that away you can practice all the way up till September. The primos line of diaphram calls in my opinon are the best and last a long time.

+1 on the diaphram calls. Get them now that away you can practice all the way up till September. The primos line of diaphram calls in my opinon are the best and last a long time.

Try any of the primos cow calls like the cow girl, hyper lips, imakadabullscrazy, even try some of the sceery calls. the more you have in your arsenal the better. I have found they are easier to use the the diaphrams but if you can use diaphrams use them for sure they work great for heard vocalization. You want to use as many calls as you can to help make you sound like a heard. The bulls will let you know what they like. It also helps to have a someone calling about 100 yards behind you to bring that bull past you for a shot. Bulls often hold up when they get to where the calls are coming from and they don't see any elk.

I've always had good luck with the primos terminator bugle and the woodwise hyper hot cow call. Diaphram calls are great and the most realistic if you can learn how to use them. Make sure to practice plenty on all the calls to make sure that you can make them sound realistic. Also learning when to and how often to call is just as important as learning how to sound like an elk.

Try any of the primos cow calls like the cow girl, hyper lips, imakadabullscrazy, even try some of the sceery calls. the more you have in your arsenal the better. I have found they are easier to use the the diaphrams but if you can use diaphrams use them for sure they work great for heard vocalization. You want to use as many calls as you can to help make you sound like a heard. The bulls will let you know what they like. It also helps to have a someone calling about 100 yards behind you to bring that bull past you for a shot. Bulls often hold up when they get to where the calls are coming from and they don't see any elk.

+1

Good Sound advice here, mix em up and yes even the hochie works occasionally.