Sign in to follow this  
QCwtAddict

Vortex Nomad Spotting scope question?

I am thinking about buying a Vortex Nomad spotting scope, but I haven't really heard much about them. If any of you guys on here have tried them I would like to hear what you think about them. How do they compare to other spotting scopes in their price range?

I haven't looked through the Nomad but have looked through the Skyline(or whatever the 20-60x80 non HD is called) and I just picked up the Razor HD and both of them have good, clear resolution. Were it me I would not be in a hurry, save money until next fall and pick up a Razor HD, you will never have to buy another one.

But to be honest I have thought about selling my Burris Signature 18-45x60 and picking up the Nomad because it goes to 60 power and is about the same size/weight as my Burris. My Burris doesn't quite give me what I want at the 3 mileish range. This would be my backup/loaner spotter.

Guest 300ultramag.

i own one.. love it.. like all other scopes at 60x its darker then the other powers.. but that seems to be the norm

i have a skyline 20x60x80 and i love it. my friend has a swarovski in the same power, put them next to eachother and there is isn' that much difference in the glass. the only thing about the skyline is it is a little heavy to be packing around. I like vortex so much i changed over to them for all my optics

i have a skyline 20x60x80 and i love it. my friend has a swarovski in the same power, put them next to eachother and there is isn' that much difference in the glass. the only thing about the skyline is it is a little heavy to be packing around. I like vortex so much i changed over to them for all my optics

I know the 80mm objective lens of the skyline would make it clearer but it just seems like it makes the spotting scope too big and would take up too much room in my pack. Thats why i am looking at the nomad.

I looked through the nomad as well and i ended up with the skyline scope but am thinking about gettin a nomad so my pack will be a little lighter.

I like mine. Descent clarity plenty brite up to about 50x. Very light. I have considered changing to the impact as its even smaller and I spen most of my time behind 10x42vipers.

I went and picked one up today. I looked through it and a Nikon that was close to the same price and I thought the vortex was much nicer. I looked through it a little when i got home, I'll have to take it hunting soon to see how it will be in the field but I am very happy with it for the price so far.