Sign in to follow this  
azhuntnut

Hat trick

Myself and two other buddies got out this morning and put the hammer down. I partnered up with one and my other buddy went to check out another spot. On his way to meet back up with us about 9am he found four pigs hanging out and made a stalk and poked one at 40 yards. We tried to get on the herd, but lost them. We then headed out to where I saw three yesterday and instantly found them. It took us about an hour and a half to get close to one of them. I let my buddy take the first shot and he missed. They spooked, but we got right back onto them. I was able to shoot one at forty yards, and a couple minutes later my buddy got his at twenty. I wish I could have gotten a picture of all three together. Check out the feet on that sucker. David

IMG_0060.jpg

IMG_0064-1.jpg

Those are very unusual hooves. I have never seen that before. Has anyone else? Do any of the biologists on the site have any insight or explanation? Amanda? DeerNut?

From what I hear, those hooves are typical of pigs that spend the majority of their lives in sandy river bottoms. They simply adapt to their environment and those long hooves help them walk in the sand.

Congrats on the trifecta!!

From what I hear, those hooves are typical of pigs that spend the majority of their lives in sandy river bottoms. They simply adapt to their environment and those long hooves help them walk in the sand.

Congrats on the trifecta!!

+1