Sign in to follow this  
ghost hunter

San Diego area fishing guide/charter

I'm looking for a fishing guide/charter in the San Diego area for the up-coming spring break (mid March). I'm not wanting one of those large ships where you share the day with 49 other people.

If any of you have information or past experiences please let me know. I'm starting from scratch so any point in the right direction would be appreciated. PM if you rather.

I have had a private charter out of San Diego so I can help you. What species are you trying to catch? How long of a trip? If you don't mind what is your price range?

PM ME and I can help you

Go onto the website Bloodydecks.com and go to the California section. You will see many six packs to choose from or join the site and all kinds of people will tell you which ones they prefer. Some of the cattle boats arent that bad really. Some have limited charters of 22 people and sometimes they go with as little as 12 so just do your homework and you'll find a good one

I went out with 22ndstreet landing only like 10 of us on the boat for 3/4 day. Caught a bunch of fish and had fun.

I've been on quite a few boats out of SD. My favorite by far is the Success. It is a really nice, smaller, FAST boat. It is for 12 anglers and fishes much more like a 6 pack boat with a few more guys aboard. The rails are low, the crew is tops, and did I mention the boat was fast! I've also been on a couple of great trips on the El Capitan. There are lots of other good boats in the fleet, but these boats stood out to me when you take the whole experience into account.

I'm not sure how much they fish in the spring on the Success, but the Point Loma is also a good boat if you just want a 3/4 day trip that should be running during your timeframe.

Nick