Sign in to follow this  
huntnaz

desert muley

Not much of a story since it was a pretty short hunt...

a buddy and I drove out to a glassing spot just outside of town and got set up before the sun was out. As soon as we we able to start glassing I spotted a nice Buck leading two does down a wash. I watched them for about 10 minutes to be sure they were gonna stay their course, once I confirmed that I made my move to head them off. I got down in front of them as fast and quietly as possible. I ranged a few spots and waited... soon I saw antlers coming right at me and before I knew it he was at my 20 yard mark. I went to draw my bow and that's when I realized I NEVER PUT MY TRIGGER ON!! Well after a quick and quiet scurry to get it out of my pocket and get it latched I was ables to get drawn and set. By this time though he had realized something was up and was alert. Thankfully he had only turned a different direction and went around a tree to another spot I had ranged when I got there as 20yds too. I let the 3 blade rage fly and hit my mark. 60 yards later he went down!

post-2656-1295518656_thumb.jpg

post-2656-1295518743_thumb.jpg

Dont you love it when it all works out like that? I have had 10 different stalks that went wrong--either the deer left the wash, I got busted by another deer, wind shifted etc. Its awesome when you get to see antler tips coming your way and knowing youve got a crack at him!!!!

Nice buck man.