Sign in to follow this  
vincefmx

24b javelina

Anyone here had any luck in 24b archery hunt? Been hunting my butt off but to no avail. Had pigs scouted out but they've seem to have disappeared. Any suggestions? Thanks!

What areas have you been concentrating on? Are you still seeing fresh sign? I have seen many pigs around Roosevelt. Several roads off the 188 head away from the lake and toward a small Mt. range. Many places to glass from if you hike into the hills. There is quite a bit of brush so get high, glass, and be patient. They are there if you are seeing fresh sign.

Good luck!!!

I did some quail hunting in the Queen Valley area on Tuesday and found quite a bit of javi sign but it's a ittle to late for ya since the season ended on the 20th. Good luck next year. :)

TJ

I hunted around the Queens Valley area, filled my tag the second weekend. It was a very tough hunt, lots of glassing. My son and I had 10 days in the field trying to find these little guys, guess I was lucky to find them when I did.

I was in there 2 weeks before the season and found pigs both times within 10 minutes of glassing, then they just flat out disappeared.

I have never seen so many quad riders, target shooting and just plain old recreational activity in the area as there was this year. I think it’s time to find a new spot, too many people for my liking.

Terry

Thanks TJ and terry...maybe next year! Put alot of foot time in....at least I got some good workouts in! Also found some great muleys as well...going to try on them next week, there was a decent 4x5 who was pretty tall back in there. I agree on all the rec. Activity....I think im done with the queen valley area as well. Too many people there.