crazyaboutcoues

San Carlos

Haven't heard any reports but my dad did run out to the lake on Thursday and said that you can still launch at Soda Canyon and the lake doesn't go much past Old San Carlos Point. What flotilla was there was on the dam side of Old San Carlos Point. I am hoping to make a trip to the lake this upcoming weekend and I will report what I find out.

Brian

I cant wait to start catching some fish!

Has anyone checked the price for an annual for the REZ? Any changes from last year?

Same price as last year for fishing+boating+habitat= $130.

A friend of mine and his wife were out there this weekend, and caught 15 on JD and BBC. I will be on Roosevelt today on the Salt End and will post tonight. Good Luck, and keep your bait wet!

Standman...How did it go?

I didn't get to go. I ended up having to help my nephew move to a new place this weekend :( . I would have rather went fishing and from what I have heard I should have went fishing. I heard they really tore them up this week out in the flotilla. Several different people have said they caught 50-80 per day. So now I won't get to go till next weekend.

Brian

Wow! Thanks for the report, Brian. I figured with the low front moving in the fishing would have been off. I sure hope to get into the fast bite this year with the boys. We hit it pretty good a couple years back but the last two springs it seemed we would always show up 2 days too late. A cold front would be on the way in and push the slabs back down, then while we are all at school or work the next week people would slay them. Rinse and repeat...

If it wasn't Super Bowl Sunday I would be out there with you...We should get together this year so you can show me the finer techniques of catching them in deep water. I've never had any luck on the flotilla...

If it wasn't Super Bowl Sunday I would be out there with you...We should get together this year so you can show me the finer techniques of catching them in deep water. I've never had any luck on the flotilla...

I will be out probably Saturday and possible Sun morning before the game. Once we figure out what all is going on at the lake getting together and slaying some fish would be cool.

Brian

Thanks for the reports. Looks like I won't get up that way for another month. Don't catch all the crappies. Good luck to all you fishermen and gals. Keep them reports coming along with some pitures. :)

TJ