Sign in to follow this  
azpredator@work

Daily double

My son, Enrique, and I found a group of 10 pigs around 1pm this past Sat during the H.A.M. hunt. We had to wait them out on an opposite ridge until 2:15 for the wind to cooperated. Once the wind was steady we dropped down into the wash, removed our boots and started the stalk. My son (12) was unable to handle the thorns in his feet so I went on without him with hopes after shooting mine the herd would run down directly to him. 15 minutes later I shot my pig @ 12 yards quartering away. He died so fast the rest of the herd never spooked. I started walking around and eventually called down to my son to meet me on the ridgetop. While I sat ther barefoot removing cholla from my feet I called in a pig to 2 FEET and captured it all on video. Once Enrique arrived I showed him the footage and he said we get to get back on that herd. It didn't take long and we were on their trail. The first one I called into 17 yards, but never presented a shot for my boy. We trailed the herd and eventually wound up with a pig @ 15 yards slightly quartering away. That was all he needed as he placed a perfect arrow where it needed to be. This is Enrique's first bow kill. It's a great feeling when your kids are successful. Congrats to everyone who were successful this year - especially the youngsters.

post-4763-0-88393300-1297275603_thumb.jpg

It don't get any better than that now does it? Congratulations to both of you but especially to your son Enrique on his first kill. Great picture and thanks for sharing. :)

TJ