jamaro

Great job Senator Munoz!!!!

WIll be interesting to see what happens with this. ag

Hey Adam...

Did they just delete a thread about Howie?

Must have.....it sure aint on here anymore.

jeff

I actually made contact with Howie about his bill proposal and after we got it straightened out I did not feel that the title was appropriate. I asked Amanda (Thank you) to remove it. AG

Almost there. SB 196 has passed the Consumer and Public Affairs Committee this morning on the consent agenda. That's always a good sign. Keep up the good work.

Gonhntn

I actually made contact with Howie about his bill proposal and after we got it straightened out I did not feel that the title was appropriate. I asked Amanda (Thank you) to remove it. AG

Good job on the follow up doc...!

Why would it be a good thing to get rid of land owner tags?

Because the tags that go to landowners are a public resource that is given away for private gain. I have no problem with private landowner rights and I don't mind paying a tresspass fee but don't privatize the animal itself.

Because the tags that go to landowners are a public resource that is given away for private gain. I have no problem with private landowner rights and I don't mind paying a tresspass fee but don't privatize the animal itself.

How is land owner tags "privatizing" game. All residents and non-residents have the opportunity to hunt all species of game in New Mexico if I understand correctly. Unless there is a species of animal that a hunter can only hunt by obtaining a land owner tag, the general public still has access to the animals (through the draw, over the counter tags etc.). So how are they privatized? Am I missing somthing here?

How is land owner tags "privatizing" game. All residents and non-residents have the opportunity to hunt all species of game in New Mexico if I understand correctly. Unless there is a species of animal that a hunter can only hunt by obtaining a land owner tag, the general public still has access to the animals (through the draw, over the counter tags etc.). So how are they privatized? Am I missing somthing here?

The key is that they are LO tags... Nobody has access to those tags unless the LO gives or sales the tag... Therefore it privatizes the animal... It takes the tag out of the general pool..

If I read it correctly, cow elk would be resident only and % were changed

http://www.wildlife.state.nm.us/documents/documents/BillTracking_3-18-11.pdf

2/25/11 – Committee Substitute reduced Non-resident Game Hunting License cost;

Antlerless elk hunts are resident only; WMA hunts are resident only; sets draw to 84%

Resident, 10% contracted with outfitter, regardless of residency, 6% Non-resident; adds

language to define a NM Outfitter. Do pass (8-1) sent to Senate Floor

Last I read, SB 196 passed in the house and senate, and awaits the governor's signature.

Yeah that happened last week but the took the verbiage of defining resident vs non-resident outfitters out...