Sign in to follow this  
deaddog250

unit 22 Success or Failure

well I hunted four of the seven hunting days (fri, sat in the rain and snow then wed. and thur.) I glassed for hours, hiked for miles, drove for miles more and got my butt kicked, didn't see any pigs :( just wondering if anybody else had any luck or not.

I did glass up 3 deer, 4 elk, 7 hunters, 11 rabbits and 100's of quail

We had just passed Jakes Corner, after hunting 23 the last Friday of the HAM hunt, and between there and 87 there were 2 pigs feeding right next to the fence on the north side of the road just 20 yards from the pavement. So there are pigs in 22......At least you got out and enjoyed it. B)

Did you try between the salt river and Beeline hwy always lots of pigs in those hills. ;)

I hunted around Jakes corner and Gisla area, sycamore creek and even spent some time down by the Verde river I did see the most sign there very fresh scat, tracks and rooting and the fewest people.

We went opening day, I was sick as a dog... Saw hundreds of people all day.. Didnt see any pigs... Until we were on our way home. Shot one right by the highway.

Ron

killed my pig on the archery hunt, lots of pigs in there, just gotta take your time. if you found fresh rooting you should stay in that area, there will definately be pigs close by. i found pigs were always somewhere within a few hundred yards of the fresh rooting i saw, no matter if it was a day or so old or not

i saw a heard of 12 pigs opening morning, unfortunatly my hunters were still at home in bed, when they finally made it out fri night it started raining and never stopped all weekend.... saw some awsome bucks though and glassed lots of deer in the rain.