lfootmatt

Good Article

Haven't finished reading yet, but seem to be a nice Coues 36b article for the December hunt (my hunt).

http://www.rmgameandfish.com/hunting/white...ing/RM_1105_01/

FYI,

Matt

PS Through my own personal investigation ($485.00 3rd Elk Season non-resident tag), that there are no shootable Elk in Colorado!

Not only did I waste money to begin with, I didn't fill the tag!

Cool article, I dont know how anxious I would be to stand armed guard over a group of illegals though.

Good article. thanks for the tip!

after the flap about the minutemen on the border being armed it seems

Sort of surprising they had the hunters detail them though.

Thanks for the Link, it was an informative article. I have not seen that type of traffic areas on the west side of 35B, but I did feel "uncomfortable" the one time I went south of Washington Camp on the east side. I have also heard a firsthand account of a guy getting run off the road by truckloads of presumably illegals runnign fast at night with no lights, and people hanging off the truck. Makes you at least stop and think.

I will now at least get the number for BP and program it into the cell phone.

If there are any Border patrol agents reading this forum, I'd appreciate a heads-up on areas to avoid in 35B.

Matt,

there are elk in Colorado, and plenty of them, though not as big as the elk in AZ. I lived there for the first 29 years of my life, and that is where I took up hunting. My experience is the elk behave differently in Co than in Arizona, and they are a little more difficult to find, but the quality of the hunts I had there can not be matched by Arizona where there is also no place that a road does not exist.

As with all hunting, proper scouting is the key to success, and it is difficult to scout in a different state unless you have lots of time and the cash to make all those trips.

Bret

Bret,

Just kidding about there not being any elk in CO, just not any around me!!!

I was with a group of PA hunters that go there every year for 20+, so they know the hunt and area very well. Part of the selling point to the wife. Fresh snow 1st day, looking good, saw a nice bull, no shot. Then it warmed up. The area and hunt we had depended on a migratory herd that cones down from the really high country after it gets too snow packed to feed. They just never came down because of the warm weather. Oh well, I had a blast in some really pretty country, hiked my a$$ off (literally). No stress, work is a killer with stress. Most of all I learned a great deal from some really seasoned elk hunters.

I'll be back up there, but not unless Winterpark is getting hammered with snow early in the season.

On to my 36b Dec WT hunt!!! I need something to put in the freezer and hang on the wall!

Matt

PS I did find a little 4 point shed. Pretty cool to look right at it among hundreds of dead fall trees.

Thanks for the Link, it was an informative article.  I have not seen that type of traffic areas on the west side of 35B, but I did feel "uncomfortable" the one time I went south of Washington Camp on the east side.  I have also heard a firsthand account of a guy getting run off the road by truckloads of presumably illegals runnign fast at night with no lights, and people hanging off the truck.  Makes you at least stop and think.

I will now at least get the number for BP and program it into the cell phone.

If there are any Border patrol agents reading this forum, I'd appreciate a heads-up on areas to avoid in 35B.

Matt,

there are elk in Colorado, and plenty of them, though not as big as the elk in AZ.  I lived there for the first 29 years of my life, and that is where I took up hunting.  My experience is the elk behave differently in Co than in Arizona, and they are a little more difficult to find, but the quality of the hunts I had there can not be matched by Arizona where there is also no place that a road does not exist.

As with all hunting, proper scouting is the key to success, and it is difficult to scout in a different state unless you have lots of time and the cash to make all those trips.

Bret