Sign in to follow this  
standman

Old Time Archery Coues Pic

I thought that everyone might be interested seeing this picture. It is a picture of a coues deer that my dad killed in September 1968. The deer was taken in unit 27 near Hannigan Meadows. The buck has five scoreable points on each side and grosses 114 2/8 and nets 106 4/8. It would have been considered the world record at that time if my dad would have stripped the velvet off, which he would not do.

fa3b2ce7.jpg

Here is a picture of him now on the wall along with some others taken be me.

fa3b2ce6.jpg

Thanks, Brian

Guest Ernesto C

Thanks Brian,excellent and beatifull deer. Did you harvest the other two with bow or rifle? Are they from 27 also? I think you got a record book knife in the wall too :lol: very nice trout. God bless you.

Ernesto C.

Ernesto, the knife is a handmade collectors item made by LOF. My dad won it for White Mountain Bowhunter of the Year in 1973. My dad just turned 65 this December, and this past August he took his 63rd deer with a bow. For many years he hunted 4 states a year so they are not all from Arizona. As for the other 2 deer the smallest one was my first with a rifle, the other one was an archery deer from this past January. These two deer are not from 27. They are from a unit south of there.

Hey standman nice pics. What is your dads name. Does he live in the white mountains, I do and I am an officer for the white mountain bowhunters. I also hunt unit 27 a lot.

300 wsm, my dads name is Barry and he still lives in Lakeside. He was one of the original founding members of white mountain bowhunters and the Arizona Bowhunters Association. If you would like to contact him, his email is: barryid2@hotmail.com