Sign in to follow this  
Non-Typical Solutions

San Diego

Anybody ever do any offshore deep sea fishing down San Diego way???

Getting ready to make a trip later on this month and was wondering if it is a bad time of year any recommendations on outfits to hire???

I've been a few times, but it's always been in the late summer.

Try www.bloodydecks.com

There are a lot of fishing and charter reports there in the California section.

mostly sea bass in the fall, winter and spring months. tuna and yellowtail are usually not caught until Jul - Sept timeframe. that is unless you go on a boat for a week+ that goes way down into MX waters.

I have gone several times on trips ranging from overnight to 8 days out of San Diego. To give you a good answer I have a few questions. How long of trip do you plan on going on and what species are you wanting to target?

I would probably only be good for a one day trip, I got spoiled up in Alaska, one day trip and Halibut galore, and big.

I don't know specie of fish because I am not familiar with what is available or even what I am interested in. Just want to catch fish that make the pole bend...... :)

well, sea bass do not really bend a pole that much. you might want to look into a trip out of Rocky Pointe or wait until August to go out of San Diego for tuna.

This is in my favorites but I still usually get, "you should have beeen here yesterday".

www.pointlomasportfishing.com EBB

Anybody ever do any offshore deep sea fishing down San Diego way???

Getting ready to make a trip later on this month and was wondering if it is a bad time of year any recommendations on outfits to hire???

yeah go late summer on the "legend".ill post some pics sometime